+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum

I go on Donstalk occasionally, I re-joined during the great exodus of 16.
    It is a much better set up place, and neen of those infernal adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's a far better site over on donstalk.

It's only a few posters short of being very good indeed.

If you wanted a one word reply though, that word would have to be " adverts"
    im afraid not....my advert blocker works well and its still ƒucking 5hite.

my one word would be 'negative' followed by the word 'ar5eholes' followed by 'about everything no matter what'.

You also get really fed up reading this :
    This message is hidden because XXXXXXXX is on your ignore list.

I did have a wee nosey on the other site but to be fair I have grown accustomed to coming here, that and a spot of OCD. I hope there are a lot like me who do like reading the comments & would LIKE if there was such a button. Instead you get tumble weed rolling by.

I do remember the site bouncing a fair few years ago, who knows it might happen again, in the mean time, those that do post, keep it up and remember “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit… but the highest form of intelligence.”

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I go on Donstalk occasionally, I re-joined during the great exodus of 16.
    It is a much better set up place, and neen of those infernal adverts.
    Kendo min, is your daddy going to lift you over the turnstile at Dyce on Saturday?

There could be a few of us going up on the choo choo from the riviera.....will pop along tonight but I’m sure the 2 finals will be kept in mind.

SF

I should post more - always check the site daily but too lazy to post anything

I blame Twitter and Whatsapp group chats.

I read it occasionally. Its a bugger to use on the tablet !I'd be frightened of Rocket Scientist !!

Some big posters left a few years ago and its never been quite the same. Guys who had posts in the 10's of thousands have now gone and they were the ones who could start a thread on anything and everyone would join in. Im missing many names, but a few that i personally enjoyed were SMSW, Pitchmick, Foresthills, TAB, EJ, Acton, TRP, Pheonixx (RIP), RST, CalumGilhooly, sword_of_truth, xtrmntr75 RP et.al. There were many more, but hopefully the forum will bleed in some more folk. I think the biggest issue is that folk take things too seriously and literally and it turns into a slagging match. I have been guilty of biting in the past, but we should be here to enjoy it.

The OT thread used to be epic, but has literally turned to ****e as well. Either forums are a dying thing or folk just dont have the time anymore. Fit we need is the huns to go bust again, that really got the board stirring when Oldco went pop.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 29-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Happy days

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast