+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How easy is it to get back?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thanks Elite. The thing I don’t remember hearing anything about is about the Holme Pierrepont arrangement with the council, which I find harder to believe.
    Yeah, but as kw said, National North, which is tier 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yeah, but as kw said, National North, which is tier 6.
    The original idea was for Notts to share the new, small community stadium at Holme Pierrepoint with Notts Rugby but somehow I don't think the rugby club would be interested, as they look very settled in their cosy little home at Boots Sports ground.

I wonder if Alan Hardy checked this all out when he bought the club? Then again perhaps not as i'm sure - like us - he never considered this possibility would ever happen!
    Last edited by karl wheatly; 22-01-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I would suggest that it means very little to 80% of the players. Most of them are sulking, some of them are playing the blame someone else game, some have old legs, some think they are too good for the scrap needed, most of them are just collecting a wage until they are moved on, some of them are just collecting a last wage and feel there is no need to lay themselves on the line for NCFC. We should have recruited and nurtured younger players with a future in the game straight after Munto, but we didn't.
    Should of, would of, could of.

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    There isn’t a lot supporters can do to prevent your team getting relegated as you will know!!
    Haha. Yeah right you stupid dingbat.

We did a lot to get our infamous owner out our club, like starve him of funds. Unlike Dave Allen, keith Haslam was taking all the money out the club. We essentially forced him to sell up. What have you done? Had 1 peaceful protest arranged by a pub! you've been beyond pathetic - So much so your fans don't even deserve to complain youve been that complicit, and now you're looking at a 3rd successive relegation. Aaaahhh the boot is on the other foot from 10 years ago innit?

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Haha. Yeah right you stupid dingbat.

We did a lot to get our infamous owner out our club, like starve him of funds. Unlike Dave Allen, keith Haslam was taking all the money out the club. We essentially forced him to sell up. What have you done? Had 1 peaceful protest arranged by a pub! you've been beyond pathetic - So much so your fans don't even deserve to complain youve been that complicit, and now you're looking at a 3rd successive relegation. Aaaahhh the boot is on the other foot from 10 years ago innit?
    The difference is Hardy hasn't been as bad as Haslam has and it took you years to get him out I believe ?

As much as Hardy has messed it up I guess most fans think if he leaves we are in the sh*t as who will want the club that's the problem, even as a fan if you won the Lotto would you put that money into a football club ? Not sure I would after all it is just a game and not life or death.

I was comparing Mansfield and Chesterfields plight. Chesterfield are a zombie club.

Even though it's gone wrong for notts this season, Hardy has Notts in his heart. He has put money in, but for one reason or another its lead to this. All it will take for notts to be successful is the right manager, time and patience, if hardy continues to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    I was comparing Mansfield and Chesterfields plight. Chesterfield are a zombie club.

Even though it's gone wrong for notts this season, Hardy has Notts in his heart. He has put money in, but for one reason or another its lead to this. All it will take for notts to be successful is the right manager, time and patience, if hardy continues to invest.
    My bad !

Yeah I think Hardy does have his heart in the right place but being on Twitter is going to finish him he clearly isn't used to people answering him back in life and his ego won't allow him to back down.

He was warned about all of this when he bought the club from Ray Trew it starts off great aka honeymoon period & things can quickly turn sour if the team struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    interesting post Frigi, nice stats. just to increase you list size of ex league teams we used to play regularly, (one for the older supporters, who remember in the 1960s going to exotica like, Bradford park Avenue, Barrow, Workington. Halifax, non of whom ever got back.
    Slightly off topic, but I noticed the other day that Bradford Park Avenue are going well in Conference North and have a decent chance of promotion. If we play them next year, we'll have played them in all five top divisions of English football. Does anyone know if that's happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I noticed the other day that Bradford Park Avenue are going well in Conference North and have a decent chance of promotion. If we play them next year, we'll have played them in all five top divisions of English football. Does anyone know if that's happened before?
    Luton and Oxford have met eachother at all five levels.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Luton and Oxford have met eachother at all five levels.
    Thanks, UTM!

Back on topic. There's the news from Salford today that David Beckham has invested in them. If they don't come up this season (they're doing well, but perhaps not as well as expected) then that's at least one club we probably can't compete with financially. Unfortunately, we're timing our non-league adventure with a time where it's fashionable for rich people to bank roll small clubs in an effort to get them into the league. I believe Flyde are another example (though not to the same extent as Salford), and there may be there are others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46972871
    Last edited by LilCrazyKim; 23-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast