+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

O/T - general election 2019

Well another election and another wave of BS from politians. Not sure what the point in going out to vote labours held the area I’m in for over 100 years. Wtf is the point

Are you going to bother?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Going to be a weird one this. You’re going to get life long Labour brexiteers who will vote Tory to get Brexit done and vice versa life long Tory remainers will vote Labour to try and stop Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Going to be a weird one this. You’re going to get life long Labour brexiteers who will vote Tory to get Brexit done and vice versa life long Tory remainers will vote Labour to try and stop Brexit.
    Honestly I think labour will still get in my area the mp could be a pig with a criminal record of raping piglets so long as he’s under Labour it will still win, labour has held Wath seat for over 100 years. I get the whole Maggie thatcher argument but our mp was labour then too and as far as I can see labour Tory’s Lib dumbs are all self serving ass wipes.

I just find It sad that people don’t vote for a change And it’s same in hard core Tory areas I know. It’s still depressing

I'll be amazed if the Tories can't win by a healthy majority against the communist Corbynistas whose proposed policies are truly frightening. Many Labour voters are fearful of Venezuela Mark 2 and will probably abstain rather than vote Tory. It will be interesting how Nigel Farage tackles this but i expect a low turnout.

If this is all about "getting brexit done", I can't really get my head around the fact that Johnson got approval for his deal and although it might have gone a couple of weeks past his precious 31st, why didn't he just allow scrutiny and then a vote to get that deal approved?

And if someone wins by the minimum majority.
    Will the rest get up in alms and say.
    We need another vote. People didn't know what they were voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    If this is all about "getting brexit done", I can't really get my head around the fact that Johnson got approval for his deal and although it might have gone a couple of weeks past his precious 31st, why didn't he just allow scrutiny and then a vote to get that deal approved?
    Let’s face it corbyn said he’s going to vote against it before he even saw it and Johnson saw he would never get it passed the remoaners so he held onto it. As much as I’m puking up defending a Tory I had to say it sorry pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Let’s face it corbyn said he’s going to vote against it before he even saw it and Johnson saw he would never get it passed the remoaners so he held onto it. As much as I’m puking up defending a Tory I had to say it sorry pup.
    That may be so but the bill passed to 2nd reading despite the Labour stance. It won a majority so as Ken Clark asked today, why did the pm not allow time for scrutiny and work all hours to push this through as for the first time parliament had a majority for a deal. Why isn't this being passed now, as we speak Silly to "get brexit done" instead of further delay?

Be a laugh if Boris, standing in what is supposed to be a pro-Remain constituency , gets booted out
    He's a stinking rich old-Etonian though so it probably wouldn't trouble him much, especially with his connections to another career in journalism, etc. That's the way the media works. It's a pity that Brian Rix is not still alive to see this classic Whitehall farce
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    I'll be amazed if the Tories can't win by a healthy majority against the communist Corbynistas whose proposed policies are truly frightening. Many Labour voters are fearful of Venezuela Mark 2 and will probably abstain rather than vote Tory.
    That's a strange political analysis... Would I be right in thinking that the codename "Timbertop" means that you are a copper/ex-copper?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast