+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want a world cup final ticket?

Anyone want a world cup final ticket?

Just been offered a package include a couple of nights hotel and flights for the princely sum of........whisper it - £ 8,500

As I would need to get 3, the thats not going to work, and, if I did get them, that is a stonewall guarantee that England would not get there.

Still with ramAnag on full beefed up teacher's pension, can I offer you a few?
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 05-07-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just been offered a package include a couple of nights hotel and flights for the princely sum of........whisper it - £ 8,500

As I would need to get 3, the thats not going to work, and, if I did get them, that is a stonewall guarantee that England would not get there.

Ha bloody ha! You don’t seem to be doing too badly yourself Parky...as an ex woodwork teacher...must be the compo you got.
    Ask Ramjet...those accountants always seem to have plenty to spare.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-07-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Does the package include 2 tickets for the game?

1 (one) ticket per 8500

Just had a quick look at flights from Amsterdam. Out on the 14th and back on the 16th the cheapest fare is €626. If I drive to Dusseldorf I can save €76 but it would cost almost that much in petrol........

The train costs £277 each way but the journey lasts 39 hours and 29 minutes............ Friday night train (1901) gets me into Moscow at 1030 on the Sunday morning. The train back would be at 2349 on the Monday as there probably won't be time to catch it after the match on the Sunday, especially if it went to penalties...... return journey is 6 hours less due to time zones.

Driving non-stop takes 24 hours and will cost around €230 in petrol each way.

Whichever way you look at it........ damned expensive.

Anyway, we have a houseful on the 15th celebrating my youngest's 24th and watching the final.

1 (one) ticket per 8500
    Big biccies that is.

Given the ticket is effectively the visa as well it's not going to be cheap whichever way you look at it.

The semi (if we get there) is possibly a viable option if we play Croatia and not Russia.

If Russia get knocked out you've half a chance of picking up a ticket if you are already out there, if Russia qualify forget it.

Pub or BBQ house parties look to be the winner.

Actually someone should get Theresa May's ticket.
    If she had any pride, she wouldn't attend the Final. and donate it.
    But I guess not, she's planning to go for the Q-Finals.

Although unrelated, the new poisoning case actually strengthens the Russian allegations of a stitch up. Why would the Ruskies go and poison totally unrelated petty criminals?
    Especially after the UK police confirmed that everything was safe and no risk to public safety.

Sweeping statement comments from our resident political/propaganda reporter :-)

That's very cheap if it includes a faberge egg with your toast at breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    That's very cheap if it includes a faberge egg with your toast at breakfast!
    MoP I was talking to a chap I know who went out to watch Liverpool in CL final. The package was described as including executive dining and English speaking concierge

They got a pre packed Boots sandwich and someone who pointed at a sign directed towards the train station.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)