+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settled back 4

Settled back 4

With the debate over cb pairings rumbling on in the DET again today, who would you choose as our back 4 for the next 5 games if you had to choose them now?

I think there are good arguments for and against most options, but personally I'd like to see us choose 2 cb's and, injury allowing, let them form a partnership.

My choice:

Christie, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth

re: Settled back 4

My choise: Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyte
    If Buxton still out injured I'd go for Withbread. Shotton has not got his matchfittnes. Give Omar a chance at the holding role at home. Play Eustace in awaygames.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronderram
    I'm amazed anyone would go any different than this if bucko is fit.

we've seen clear weaknesses in Whitbread and shotton's games when they've played although they haven't done bad. people seem to be forgetting how immense jake was last season. it's hard to judge him in the past few games as he's clearly been playing whilst injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid

we've seen clear weaknesses in Whitbread and shotton's games when they've played although they haven't done bad. people seem to be forgetting how immense jake was last season. it's hard to judge him in the past few games as he's clearly been playing whilst injured.[/quote]

I can see why you made one of your picks. He obviously sees plays developing as he has Forsyte.

The same but Bucko for Zak when fit! Shotton not good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid

we've seen clear weaknesses in Whitbread and shotton's games when they've played although they haven't done bad. people seem to be forgetting how immense jake was last season. it's hard to judge him in the past few games as he's clearly been playing whilst injured.[/quote]

As far as I know (I've not been to all the games), Whitbread only made one real mistake, and that was vs Cardiff.

Jake has done very well, but he is not bulletproof, nor is he error free. I don't see it as a shoe-in that he should get his place back. By the same token, until Zak has played 5-10 games in a row, and got properly match fit, can we really judge him, or Shotton for that matter?

Do you think if all 3 were fully fit and playing reg, Jake would be the best of the 3?

I think Reg would probably get in ahead of Bucko, Toggles

Is this question based on the current situation? Or ideally if every player was fit, who would be our settled back 4?

Ideally: Christie, Keogh, Bucko, Forsyth

Currently: As above, swap Whitbread for Bucko.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet
    I think Reg would probably get in ahead of Bucko, Toggles
    I agree, Reg is the better option of all of the them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

Do you think if all 3 were fully fit and playing reg, Jake would be the best of the 3?[/quote]

I'm certain of it mate but it's a very fair point that Whitbread/shotton need more games and a good run in the side before they can be judged.

yeah Whitbread hasn't made many mistakes that have led to goals but he looks shakey when we're put under serious pressure at the back. not saying he's been bad as he's actually done pretty well but bucko for me is much better wh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)