+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 Season: Half Time Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not the way I see it. I am a customer of many places, but I don't get the emotional attachment to them that I get with Notts. I see myself as a supporter rather than a customer, and Notts have given me so many high points among the heartache in the last 48 years that I will never become a customer simply judging a product.

It may be pretty simple for you, but it isn't for me. I don't doubt that the current bunch of wasters are mostly a disgrace to the shirt, but I won't let them destroy decades of affection for Notts County. I prefer to stick with romantic notions like Jimmy Sirrel, Jack Wheeler, Don Masson, Les Bradd etc. It's entirely your choice if you've had enough, but I will be back next season whatever division we play in. Hopefully there will be enough similar types to keep the club going so you can return if the good times ever make a comeback.
    Football is all about opinions as they say.

We are so sh1t and I've had enough of the crap but will I be their boxing day? Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    We are so sh1t and I've had enough of the crap but will I be their boxing day? Of course
    It's your money Bob so credit for going again.

I will spend my money on my children that day.

All I expect is hard work and desire from a team. That is sadly missing from these shysters in the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not the way I see it. I am a customer of many places, but I don't get the emotional attachment to them that I get with Notts. I see myself as a supporter rather than a customer, and Notts have given me so many high points among the heartache in the last 48 years that I will never become a customer simply judging a product.

It may be pretty simple for you, but it isn't for me. I don't doubt that the current bunch of wasters are mostly a disgrace to the shirt, but I won't let them destroy decades of affection for Notts County. I prefer to stick with romantic notions like Jimmy Sirrel, Jack Wheeler, Don Masson, Les Bradd etc. It's entirely your choice if you've had enough, but I will be back next season whatever division we play in. Hopefully there will be enough similar types to keep the club going so you can return if the good times ever make a comeback.

This ^^

It all started last Xmas,it's been a year of dross,yes we got into the play offs just,on the back of a good start to the season.Look over the full year & it has got progressively worse,no matter how you want to dress it up.That says something is seriously wrong in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It all started last Xmas,it's been a year of dross,yes we got into the play offs just,on the back of a good start to the season.Look over the full year & it has got progressively worse,no matter how you want to dress it up.That says something is seriously wrong in the club.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I’d agree that 2018 will go down as another year where we have not been very good.

I thought I’d look at the stats for our league form which for the calendar year so far (two games left) is as follows;

2018 - League Two
    P44, W12, D13, L19, Pts 49

So let’s be clear overall we have pretty much had relegation battle form throughout this year. Although the second half of last season we were showing mid table form.

So we’ve gone from automatic promotion form last Christmas to mid table form, to relegation form in a year.

Carry on like this into 2019 and it will be touch and go as to whether we will survive. I’m starting to think that we might not need 50 points to survive. With half a season gone Cambridge only have 20 points, so 45 could do it. Desperate times.

The breakdown over the two seasons this calendar year is as follows;

2017/18
    P21, W8, D6, L7, Pts 30

2018/19
    P23, W4, D7, L12, Pts 19

Also throw in the 8-1 defeat to Swansea as well. Yes they are a premier league team, but that should have been the warning signs of how we collapse at will. Even against a premier league team many league two teams do not get so comprehensively beaten.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 23-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Just hoping that Ardley has sufficient funds and non interference to acquire the players he thinks he needs. Wouldn't bother me if we played like the Crazy Gang. Just get us out of this freaking mess. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    My thoughts ?

I won't be going again this season until the players show they care or can be bothered.

Really couldn't give a monkeys this season.
    You will not be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’d agree that 2018 will go down as another year where we have not been very good.
    As the Queen once said in her Christmas speech, it's been a horrible anus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast