+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    If we beat India on Sunday, suddenly everything looks rosy again. But can anybody honestly see that happening, given the respective form of the two sides going into the game?
    Soooooo 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lot of allegations being thrown about saying that India lost that on purpose.

Have to say, I couldn’t entirely disagree with much confidence, but England played well.
    Unbelievable big lad . Says everything about you.

Lot of allegations being thrown about saying that India lost that on purpose.

Have to say, I couldn’t entirely disagree with much confidence, but England played well.
    I would like to ask where these " allegations " came from in short a short space of time? It must have been such a shock that the number one rated team in the world beat India.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I would like to ask where these " allegations " came from in short a short space of time? It must have been such a shock that the number one rated team in the world beat India.
    It did seem strange that when India got themselves back to a 'sh!t or bust' situation around the 40 over mark they didn't appear to give it a go. At that stage they needed a difficult but gettable ten runs per over, but they seemed happy to push singles until the required run rate soared to a near-impossible 15+ per over. I suppose you could put it down to accurate England bowling, but the negative Indian approach seems to have raised a few eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The allegations(no need to put em in speech marks Sinbad) were only made on social media, but given that neither Nasser Hussain nor his Indian co-commentator could explain Dhoni’s approach in the final 10 overs, it’s all a bit odd. Putting the brakes on to f00k up their big rivals at virtually no cost to themselves doesn’t exactly seem beyond the bounds of possibilities, especially if they feel they’ve been on the wrong end of a similar situation.

Now then, why does that “say everything about me”?

Like I said it is all the man babies from Pakistan moaning we could point the finger at Afghan too.

I dont know why they werent swinging with 5 overs to go maybe it was RR and they didnt want to get bowled out...Dhoni still a dangerous player he did hit 40 off 30 balls but he is not the force he was.

Nothing to see here 337 is a very tough score to chase and even harder in world cups.

We need to hope we win the toss at Durham and bat first again that is key.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Like I said it is all the man babies from Pakistan moaning we could point the finger at Afghan too.

I dont know why they werent swinging with 5 overs to go maybe it was RR and they didnt want to get bowled out...Dhoni still a dangerous player he did hit 40 off 30 balls but he is not the force he was.

Nothing to see here 337 is a very tough score to chase and even harder in world cups.

We need to hope we win the toss at Durham and bat first again that is key.
    There seems to be a conspiracy about every game, Why didn't NZ bring on their best bowlers (Boult) when they had the Aussies 92 for 5 and put the pressure on? Things happen, bad captaincy or decision making by the players are the usual cause.

I agree NZ would in no way bend over for Australia they arent through either.

Dhoni has batted like this in a one day match in England last year near the end of a match.

What I will say is with the damp weather scores of 240-250 have been defended easily with the weather picking up it should make it easier to bat but as Kohli said the world cup is a different animal to a 5 match series and he is right.

Still plenty to play for and its good the last few games are not dead rubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It did seem strange that when India got themselves back to a 'sh!t or bust' situation around the 40 over mark they didn't appear to give it a go. At that stage they needed a difficult but gettable ten runs per over, but they seemed happy to push singles until the required run rate soared to a near-impossible 15+ per over. I suppose you could put it down to accurate England bowling, but the negative Indian approach seems to have raised a few eyebrows.
    Another conspiracy theorist. Got any good uns about JFK ?

The allegations(no need to put em in speech marks Sinbad) were only made on social media, but given that neither Nasser Hussain nor his Indian co-commentator could explain Dhoni’s approach in the final 10 overs, it’s all a bit odd. Putting the brakes on to f00k up their big rivals at virtually no cost to themselves doesn’t exactly seem beyond the bounds of possibilities, especially if they feel they’ve been on the wrong end of a similar situation.

Now then, why does that “say everything about me”?
    Says everything about you that your gonna have to spend yer day apologizing. I think it's well documented that grammar as never been my strong suit. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, it's the only way to improve. Only good friends.........

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast