+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That's all Folks!!

I would stick around and moan if I were you, OP. We are Notts County, we moan on.

Anyway, there is some flicker of hope now, but things were never going to instantly improve with Mark Crossley picking the team.

I came very close to giving up when Ray Trew was at the helm, my family has had season tickets for 60 odd years and we came close to not bothering after the Fullarton joke of a season. You could've put your mortgage on us losing today though so not sure why you would make a decision based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I came very close to giving up when Ray Trew was at the helm, my family has had season tickets for 60 odd years and we came close to not bothering after the Fullarton joke of a season. You could've put your mortgage on us losing today though so not sure why you would make a decision based on it.

I made my mind up to pack Notts up at the end of the 2008-9 season. I was sick of Charlie MacParlie and the whole thing had long since ceased being enjoyable. Then, Munto!!! Ouch, the dreaded double bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Today isn't the first time i've left ML vowing never to return but after what I saw today I doubt I will bother again.
    Spineless and lazy, incompetent and dim.
    Pick any combination or all of the above for my verdict of the performance of the majority (not all) of our team.
    When Stead came, despite his age he looked and acted like a pro footballer.

I arrived in anticipation, a new manager to impress, professional pride at stake, surely today was the day?
    Well, NO it wasn't
    If they can't be bothered, why should I?
    Thanks for browsing

Today isn't the first time i've left ML vowing never to return but after what I saw today I doubt I will bother again.
    Then please close the door on your way out, because thankfully most of us have more balls than you so won't be needing it.

Spineless and lazy, incompetent and dim.
    Not sure on your competence and dimness, but the first three words seem to sum you up well. Do what the the other jellyfish do, buy your replica Man City kit, take out your Skysports subscription, then become a plastic fan and enjoy winning more often than losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Anyone for tennis !
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-09-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Me too. And this is why it is so damn hard to watch us fall apart at the seams yet again.

And to think we were favourites going into the first game! I swear, no other team than Notts could do this type of thing.
    Ha ha this is true, only at Notts can we take a seemingly great chances and completely mess them up. Still don't quit now that Kewell is here, it was never going to be fixed in a day so give him a chance. Got to keep coming to the games mate if possible.

For Notts fans, optimism springs eternal. If you want evidence of that, just remember the crowd’s behaviour today during the 5-10 minutes following Stead’s goal. Most of us were convinced that despite a performance that had been absolute rubbish, we were about to sneak an equaliser and get away with a jammy draw. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be on this occasion, but we know that eventually we’ll get it right and that it’s worth carrying on supporting until that moment arrives.

I’m certainly not going to give up and I intend being at Meadow Lane when we play our first home game back in League 1 - in the not too distant future.

To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Giving up Notts County is the easiest thing I've ever done... I've done it hundreds of times."

I think for me, Notts are a substitute for religion. At the risk of being profound for saturday night, I think we all have to believe in something totally irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Then please close the door on your way out, because thankfully most of us have more balls than you so won't be needing it.

Not sure on your competence and dimness, but the first three words seem to sum you up well. Do what the the other jellyfish do, buy your replica Man City kit, take out your Skysports subscription, then become a plastic fan and enjoy winning more often than losing.
    Why would you want any Notts fan to " close the door on your way out " ? Surely it would be best to encourage , we after all the few in Nottingham .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast