+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 The Year That Was

2017 The Year That Was

Chuffin hell you'd be hard pressed to find a more eventful year in the club's history .

I certainly haven't witnessed a more dramatic one in my 50 years .

It started with a 1-0 win at Forest which put us in 7th place and a point outside the play offs , it was never to get that good again on the field .

At times I was wondering what the hell was going on down there as players left the club rapidly , never seen anything like it .

Connor's free kick against Dirty Leeds in a 3-2 win seemed to mark the end of an era , nice way to sign off though .

Winnall did one to Wendy with a hint of a helping hand from the new CEO Linton Brown , he kept his job for about 24 hours after that .

No CEO and his team disappearing to other club's left Hecky feeling a bit flaky .

The last friendly before the new season had Hecky telling the media we were crap after a 4-0 defeat to the Millers and his new team weren't good enough , marvelous .

We had another trip to Wembley , narrowly losing to Spurs .

We didn't lose at Hillsborough .

The best was saved till last when we were bought by a consortium of foreign billionaires .

And that lot isn't even the half of it in 2017 .

Hopes for 2018

Ponty steve completes 90 minutes at Oakwell .

SB writes a positive post about the new ownership .

Hecky signs a new contract .

We aren't relegated .

We have a good FA cup run .

Every club in the championship hates us , it means we are doing something right .

Happy New Year

Its the chinese year of the Dog , that could be taken many ways !!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year Animal. I'm hoping to get through a 90 mins soon but I'm slowly building up to full fitness after my last bout of gout and Brad Potts' footballing prowess is forcing me to come out early

Good post Animal. One thing's for sure, we'll be in for some interesting times over the next few years. I'm hoping we'll look back at 2017 as a(nother) defining season, one where the new owners brought some stability and good business sense, and pushed us up to the next level. Not the PL, but playing as a week-in week-out hard to beat solid Championship club. Year of the Tyke has a nice ring to it

All the best for Xmas and the New Year.

2018 ... we’ll get relegated this season .It’s typical us innit .

"SB writes a positive post about the new ownership" Like it Animal.

To be honest mate am not that fussed abart pooasting regularly in the future. Last time a worron a wo called a "bitter old *unt" (Post 27 on What question would you ask at today's Press Conference?"). To me that level of personal abuse involving the "c word" oversteps the mark and is not fo me. This was just for having the cheek to ev a different view to the majority abart the motives of the Gang of Four. I'm assuming the use of such language is now considered acceptable on here as it was never challenged.
    I'm not into this keyboard warrior abuse stuff. It sets a poor example/role model to young 'uns
    Just to add I will continue to enjoy reading the great many brilliant posters on here and look forrad to being entertained, informed and educated. Much appreciation to ESR for his sterling work on here.
    Merry Christmas to you all.

(By the way I will post summat positive if I spot anything positive being done. So far it's just smooth talking and slick PR. It'll ev to mooar than flashing perimeter advertising in Chinese to enhance my match experience

For what it's worth and simply my opinion I think the mod(s) should start clamping down a bit on here , I'm as guilty as anyone when feelings are running high .

ESR seems to have to do this job on his own at times , he let's things go which I get but sometimes things need addressing .

If this board is to carry on and prosper it needs a firmer hand at times .

I'm not trying to cause an issue but just saying what I think .

Some proper support for ESR would be helpful .

Same as I say I ain't no angel and I'll hold my hand up .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

To be honest mate am not that fussed abart pooasting regularly in the future. Last time a worron a wo called a "bitter old *unt" (Post 27 on What question would you ask at today's Press Conference?"). To me that level of personal abuse involving the "c word" oversteps the mark and is not fo me. This was just for having the cheek to ev a different view to the majority abart the motives of the Gang of Four. I'm assuming the use of such language is now considered acceptable on here as it was never challenged.
    I'm not into this keyboard warrior abuse stuff. It sets a poor example/role model to young 'uns
    Just to add I will continue to enjoy reading the great many brilliant posters on here and look forrad to being entertained, informed and educated. Much appreciation to ESR for his sterling work on here.

(By the way I will post summat positive if I spot anything positive being done. So far it's just smooth talking and slick PR. It'll ev to mooar than flashing perimeter advertising in Chinese to enhance my match experience
    Thas got thi dream deal in my opinion , no land at risk , James Cryne holding 20% and they rate Hecky highly .

Somebody had to buy the club SB , we couldn't have a better deal .

We need to kick on mate , I think they are very credible and here for the right reasons .

That flashing perimeter advertising will earn us some decent revenue , more than the half time raffle if tha takes my meaning .

Start winning some games and playing some decent stuff tha'll soon come round .

I'll agree I thought that post to SBRed was bang out of order when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

SB I totally missed that if I’m honest mate , apologies for that. I did skip over it but read it as old unit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    SB I totally missed that if I’m honest mate , apologies for that. I did skip over it but read it as old unit !!!
    I am an old unit. See original thread for developments.

Thank you for all the stuff you do.

(There's a match tomorrow. COYMister Lee R)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast