+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: pride park sale

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ramanag, did you watch that game?
    They battered you. If you had lost by 5 goals, you couldn't have complained.
    Your analysis of things is deluded to say the least. This Derby side is a shadow of last season.
    I wonder why that is?
    Nope, I’m the best part of 2000 miles away.
    What analysis? All I’ve said is that it appeared we got very lucky, but at least it’s better than the 1-4 home thrashing we took a little over a year ago or the defeat at Elland Road earlier in the year.

You’re all smoke and mirrors Tricky...you got lucky too yesterday but only want to talk about us...you want to turn everything about Brexit into an anti Corbyn rant...and you come on here making unfounded allegations about our owner when in fact yours has a great deal more to answer for.

A shadow of last season? Maybe.
    Why? Because we lost three fairly crucial loanees and have had to start again...BUT...it’s September. Any side that’s mid table in the Championship by Christmas and buys/loans wisely in January is in with a shout...we’ll see.

‘Professor Plum’...what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    How the **** does it mean, I made it up?
    Do you not understand English?

I said from the first post where the story came from. The guy who passed it on, is very credible. He is legal with the EFL and PL.
    Of course, I must be naive to think MM wouldn't keep you fully informed with everything going on.
    I'll sit back and watch. If IT IS TRUE, then we will know over the next few weeks.
    The guy has no reason to lie about you or Villa.
    You have worse things to worry about than this. I heard Leeds should have put you to the sword today.
    Of course RA and your brother wouldn't agree, but hey ho.
    ( I heard Leeds put you to the sword today )
    August 10th 2019
    Possession Leeds 68% Forest 32%
    Shots on target Leeds 4 Forest 1
    Corners Leeds 10 Forest 3

Derby County Football Club has adhered to the EFL’s Profit and Sustainability Rules with respect to the sale of its stadium.

The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations.

The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules.

The Club regrets that Middlesbrough Football Club have said they are suing the EFL over the matter, but that is a matter for them. Derby County offered to show Middlesbrough its financial records but they declined the invitation and appear to have decided to bring a claim against the EFL instead.

The outcome of that action could not now affect Derby County, which has already had its financial returns for the relevant season approved by the EFL, and the Club is solely focussed on the current season.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

The above is copy/pasted from dcfc.co.uk and shows that DCFC has no case to answer. The offer to let Gibson go over the accounts wasn't taken up by him. Probably realised that if Derby were prepared to let him go through the documents there was no way of gaining anything. His suit against the EFL, if I am right, can only be about the rules and you can't go changing them retrospectively. He has also, allegedly, said that if the EFL case goes against him he will sue Villa.

No mention of suing DCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Derby County Football Club has adhered to the EFL’s Profit and Sustainability Rules with respect to the sale of its stadium.

The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations.

The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules.

The Club regrets that Middlesbrough Football Club have said they are suing the EFL over the matter, but that is a matter for them. Derby County offered to show Middlesbrough its financial records but they declined the invitation and appear to have decided to bring a claim against the EFL instead.

The outcome of that action could not now affect Derby County, which has already had its financial returns for the relevant season approved by the EFL, and the Club is solely focussed on the current season.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

The above is copy/pasted from dcfc.co.uk and shows that DCFC has no case to answer. The offer to let Gibson go over the accounts wasn't taken up by him. Probably realised that if Derby were prepared to let him go through the documents there was no way of gaining anything. His suit against the EFL, if I am right, can only be about the rules and you can't go changing them retrospectively. He has also, allegedly, said that if the EFL case goes against him he will sue Villa.

No mention of suing DCFC.
    Thanks for that ‘Amster. Your return is like a breath of fresh air and common sense.

Just to add IF the EFL do now back track and punish us then DCFC should sue them.

Maybe there is something -some method in Mel's statement, maybe the EFL's valuation has come back and it's nowhere near 80m and they've advised DCFC of the possible likely sanctions now, maybe Mel wanted the details of the previous process out in the public domain in the hope it gets him some ammunition against the EFL and leaves them between a rock and a hard place?

Interesting to note that the club say that the arrangements were given the green light by the EFL. No mention of the valuation being approved. Or am I being too pedantic: to my mind the sale of the ground and leaseback is an arrangement. The valuation isn't.

I remain concerned on the valuation, particularly in the light of the 1m annual rent, which equates to a 1.25% yield to the lessor. Normal commercial property yields (on mixed use properties) are more like 3.5 to 4%, which would reduce the economic valuation significantly - depending on who keeps any non football revenue, ground naming rights etc

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Interesting to note that the club say that the arrangements were given the green light by the EFL. No mention of the valuation being approved. Or am I being too pedantic: to my mind the sale of the ground and leaseback is an arrangement. The valuation isn't.

I remain concerned on the valuation, particularly in the light of the 1m annual rent, which equates to a 1.25% yield to the lessor. Normal commercial property yields (on mixed use properties) are more like 3.5 to 4%, which would reduce the economic valuation significantly - depending on who keeps any non football revenue, ground naming rights etc
    West Ham pay £2.5 million in the 60,000 seat Olympic stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Exactly. All of that extra detail is not in the public domain. MM was talking about 100+ events a year as opposed to 23 to 26 football games a year. Who gets that revenue? Will DCFC organise and run and take (much) of the income or will MM's Gellaw cream off the revenue and, maybe, give the a small share.......

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39346071]So, has it gone away?

Seemingly not...but I wish ‘it’ would...back to NF Mad where ‘it’ could stir up some interest and mind ‘it’s’ own business.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)