+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Here's another one,

"Doncaster racecourse has rejected claims from the Welsh Government that a “significant” cluster of Covid-19 cases in Rhondda Cynon Taf could be connected to last week’s crowd pilot at the track. Around 2,500 spectators were on course for the first day of the St Leger meeting last Wednesday, although the planned four-day trial was curtailed after that opening card on the instruction of the local authority.

Wales’s Health Minister Vaughan Gething pointed to a rugby club outing to Town Moor, which stopped at a “series of pubs on the way”, as a possible source of the outbreak which has resulted in a local lockdown. He said: “Our contact tracing teams have been able to trace about half of these cases back to a series of clusters within the borough. The rest are evidence of community transmission. There are a number of clusters within Rhondda Cynon Taf, two of which are significant. One is associated with a rugby club and a pub in the lower Rhondda. And the other with a club outing to the Doncaster races, which stopped off at a series of pubs on the way.”

Sounds a fairly open and shut case, clearly allowing the public into sporting events, even on a restricted basis is a serious risk to the nation's health. Except that.....

"A statement from the track said: “As a condition of running the pilot event last week, we were required to implement a full track and trace database that took the details of all attendees that would be on site, linked to an e-ticket and photo ID system on entry that would verify attendance. Doncaster Racecourse has received no contact from any organisation, including the NHS or the Welsh Government, to verify the attendance of any individuals at last week’s event for the purposes of track and trace. In addition, we do not have any ticket bookings for any groups from the South Wales area for Wednesday’s event. We will be contacting the Welsh Health Minister as a matter of urgency to clarify the situation."

More sheer lunacy, they really don't know what they're doing. Incidentally BT, Vaughan Gething is not one of Boris's Cabal of Cretins, although he's acting like one, NHS Wales is run by Labour and Gething the Cretin is a Welsh Labour politician.

The Welsh don't count sinkov, most human Welsh DNA is crossed with Dolly the Sheep.

I'm considering using "Gething the Cretin" as the lead villain in my new detective story.

What is really amusing me is seeing loads of photos of eejits at Testing Centres, when they have no Covid symptoms and they know there are no testing kits. I'm sort of inclined to agree with you now about the merits of a grammar school education.

Attachment 16919

For any of you who have never read the "Mill", it's a little daily back street Mancunian news spread that only deals in FACTS.

Here are the FACTS relating to "Covid stricken" Manchester:

https://manchestermill.co.uk/p/covid...rIY11fU5Fx0woQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Welsh don't count sinkov, most human Welsh DNA is crossed with Dolly the Sheep.
    Go on then, fair enough.

For any of you who have never read the "Mill", it's a little daily back street Mancunian news spread that only deals in FACTS.

Here are the FACTS relating to "Covid stricken" Manchester:

https://manchestermill.co.uk/p/covid...rIY11fU5Fx0woQ
    You won't hear or read about these facts on the BBC or Grauniad BT, and to be fair you won't find them in many media outlets at all. It's a mystery to me why the media is so compliant in helping the government terrify the population, a favourite is headlines calling Covid19, 'This Deadly Disease', when it's perfectly clear by now that to anyone under the age of 80 it's nothing of the sort, it's no more deadly than flu.

Sad to report that the lunacy will be spreading up to my neck of the woods later today with an announcement coming about stricter measures which will cover the whole of the north east.
    Lots of people are worried sick now and the announcement has not been made yet ---project fear working well on many people.
    Life goes on!

Headline in the Daily Telegraph today,

"UK Covid-19 cases and deaths: how the UK is coping with a second wave"

But the stats show quite clearly that there is no second wave. There may be one later, but as of this moment there isn't one, nor anything like one, so why that headline ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Headline in the Daily Telegraph today,

"UK Covid-19 cases and deaths: how the UK is coping with a second wave"

But the stats show quite clearly that there is no second wave. There may be one later, but as of this moment there isn't one, nor anything like one, so why that headline ?
    Because it's the media mouthpiece for this Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins who really cannot be considered to be fit for purpose anymore.

Because it's the media mouthpiece for this Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins who really cannot be considered to be fit for purpose anymore.
    I just chose the Telegraph headline at random BT, I really can't be arsed, but if I wanted to I could find the same 'Deadly Disease' nonsense for you in every news website there is, including the Lefty ones. This lunacy goes way, way beyond Boris and his Cabal of Cretins, I'm a bit surprised you haven't noticed that yet.

I'm considering using "Gething the Cretin" as the lead villain in my new detective story.

What is really amusing me is seeing loads of photos of eejits at Testing Centres, when they have no Covid symptoms and they know there are no testing kits. I'm sort of inclined to agree with you now about the merits of a grammar school education.

Attachment 16919
    Bit harsh about the sheep BT but the boys up the Rhondda wouldn't mind,great sense of humour.

I don't know which Rugby Club it was,Vaughan Gething won't say,but you can't expect a coachload of boys from the valleys travelling up to Doncaster without stopping at a few pubs.

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)