+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum 4th August

As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that. Looks like desperation. How can we play hardball and get the maximum amount of cash for young Brooks when McCabe is flying the red flag already?

The Prince has the good sense to keep his gob shut most of the time.

And we'll have to disagree about whether Tufty would be here if we had a different chairman. I maintain its impossible to say. Another chairman might have gone for him earlier. You just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that. Looks like desperation. How can we play hardball and get the maximum amount of cash for young Brooks when McCabe is flying the red flag already?

The Prince has the good sense to keep his gob shut most of the time.

And we'll have to disagree about whether Tufty would be here if we had a different chairman. I maintain its impossible to say. Another chairman might have gone for him earlier. You just don't know.
    Ya see this is where i disagree wi such as you and TT,i just think if we are goin to be critical when someone does summat wrong(king kev has done wrong plenty of times,obvs)then i think when the same fella gets summat r8 he should be praised and make no mistake he did summat wonderful appointin Tufty,but as ya say we'll have to agree to disagree mi owd pal.UTCB

As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that.
    Its just a fact, and theres no arguing it. Everyone knows its coming. Just when and how much.

So say I'm going to sell my car. Do I advertise it straight off at the absolute minimum I'd take for it? Do I balls. For a successful businessman he's got no apparent savvy whatsoever

So say I'm going to sell my car. Do I advertise it straight off at the absolute minimum I'd take for it? Do I balls. For a successful businessman he's got no apparent savvy whatsoever
    He did sue WHU for £20m + costs when many thought he'd no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    He did sue WHU for £20m + costs when many thought he'd no chance.
    Great. That really helped the football club, didn't it.

I bat for other team on this one he should have kept his gob shut regarding brooks was no need for him to say owt leave it to chris he's much better at picking his way through the media minefield my m8 hopefully picked some tickets up for this if he has I'll be tackling him on keeping it shut,it sounds to everyone like a come and get him statement,wasn't necessary not needed we don't need to hear from him other than he's an exciting talent an we're looking forward to seeing him in our shirt,we don't want to sell

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I bat for other team on this one he should have kept his gob shut regarding brooks was no need for him to say owt leave it to chris he's much better at picking his way through the media minefield my m8 hopefully picked some tickets up for this if he has I'll be tackling him on keeping it shut,it sounds to everyone like a come and get him statement,wasn't necessary not needed we don't need to hear from him other than he's an exciting talent an we're looking forward to seeing him in our shirt,we don't want to sell
    Good points Bully and all MCC has done by opening his mouth and saying the wrong thing is prove what we all know, for him or against him, he's inept and not fit for purpose in all football matters. Once again his lack of discretion hoists the "For Sale" sign above the head of a promising talent.

Not good for the club, not good for the lad, not good for CW to have to deal with but the'look at me, reasonable man of the people' chairman will have satisfied the most important thing, his ego.

When we were in or near the PL he would have attended the opening of a fridge door to get in the limelight, now we've had a bit of relative success, guess what, the profile rises again.

Agree totally with both Bully and TT there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Good points Bully and all MCC has done by opening his mouth and saying the wrong thing is prove what we all know, for him or against him, he's inept and not fit for purpose in all football matters. Once again his lack of discretion hoists the "For Sale" sign above the head of a promising talent.

Not good for the club, not good for the lad, not good for CW to have to deal with but the'look at me, reasonable man of the people' chairman will have satisfied the most important thing, his ego.

When we were in or near the PL he would have attended the opening of a fridge door to get in the limelight, now we've had a bit of relative success, guess what, the profile rises again.
    When we were on or near the PL you were attendin BDBL regularly weren't ya TT? Seems a little off slammin King Kev at least he still attended in the "pub league"years dint he? Bully you make good points mi owd pal and i agree Tufty and the staff should be left to deal wi such things as Brooksy but you know and i know if he the owner had kept quiet and then Brooksy's sold he would get slaughtered by the usual suspects,anyway i'm off out wi the luv of my life Our Gertie,see ya'll laters BLADES.UTCB

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast