+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 188 of 421 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    TBF, most folk with a dose of reality probably stopped posting a while back, regardless(ffs!)........you’ve pulled the chain and perhaps your anchorman can now set sail in the direction that you wish for.

SF
    I'm surprised there's not been more posters since February 2018 cos you are dosed up to the eyeballs with bantz. Peter Ustinov lives on.

so whats the consensus for third man in the middle with Bryson and Ferguson?

More defensive like Ball/Jack or more attacking like Maddison/Christie?

Do it the Deek way. Attack, attack, attack.....

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Do it the Deek way. Attack, attack, attack.....

Was taking a moothful of coffee at the time i read that, i still have coffee and snots running oot ma nose ffs

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post

Hard to say.
    Depends if we stick with the 4-2-3-1.
    Neither Bryson of Ferguson appear to be natural no "10's"?
    We have Campbell & Gleeson who both prefer playing deeper in the "2" albeit different styles.
    So I'd say a Christie/Maddison type.

McGinn would be a good shout for that role as he was good when played as a striker a few years back, so could adapt to the "10" role, however, pretty obvious DM sees him as a wide player.

I suspect the additional midfielder may well be a loanee later on in the window?

He seems happy to have one more prior to the Finnish QR1 tie.
    He wanted "1 or 2" prior to the QR1 game - he has one signed.
    When DM says syuff like that, he invariably has it virtually over the line.

A left back would be good, but get the feeling he'll wait a few weeks and see if we get Lowe back, which will be thrown up in to the air when Lampard leaves and Derby have a new manager who'll probably want to see all the players in training before he makes up his mind.
    I suspect Max Lowe won't happen and that a plan B may be needed for left back - may be that bloke Ralph from Dundee that was mentioned a week or two ago.

or 4-4-2 with hoofs up to Cosgrove & Main - Wimbledon in the 80's style

In the 2013/14 season Bryson played in the no 10 role and Scored 16 goals as well as 16 assists.

I think he might be too old to play in that position now but some of the goals are clever finishes which he will still be more than capable of doing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTZAYWNjmM

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    or 4-4-2 with hoofs up to Cosgrove & Main - Wimbledon in the 80's style
    They won the FA cup. Maybe we could win the Scottish taking a leaf.

Need to get pished together all the time though. I read Dave Beasants book. Hoofball + pished =FA cup

Surely the formula will work in thw Scottish FA cup

I hope McInnes is reading
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-06-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Hard to say.
    Depends if we stick with the 4-2-3-1.
    Neither Bryson of Ferguson appear to be natural no "10's"?
    We have Campbell & Gleeson who both prefer playing deeper in the "2" albeit different styles.
    So I'd say a Christie/Maddison type.

McGinn would be a good shout for that role as he was good when played as a striker a few years back, so could adapt to the "10" role, however, pretty obvious DM sees him as a wide player.

I suspect the additional midfielder may well be a loanee later on in the window?

He seems happy to have one more prior to the Finnish QR1 tie.
    He wanted "1 or 2" prior to the QR1 game - he has one signed.
    When DM says syuff like that, he invariably has it virtually over the line.

A left back would be good, but get the feeling he'll wait a few weeks and see if we get Lowe back, which will be thrown up in to the air when Lampard leaves and Derby have a new manager who'll probably want to see all the players in training before he makes up his mind.
    I suspect Max Lowe won't happen and that a plan B may be needed for left back - may be that bloke Ralph from Dundee that was mentioned a week or two ago.
    Ferguson and Bryson are both box to box midfielders so not natural to be '4' or '10'. Its hard to know which way DM's mind will be thinking between converting Ferguson to the deepest position or bringing in a dedicated player for that one and changing to more 4-1-4-1 and less 4-2-3-1.

I am happy to go with either approach (for a star signing) but we probably need to cover both positions with a low cost option for the other one

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm surprised there's not been more posters since February 2018 cos you are dosed up to the eyeballs with bantz. Peter Ustinov lives on.
    Again, another excellent input to the thread.........?? Anyway, hopefully one more signing before preseason in Ireland.

SF

Page 188 of 421 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast