+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Any importer worth his salt should be negotiating prices in £ sterling thereby offsetting any issues arising from currency fluctuations.
    Lol. Another example of total brexiteer fantasy.

No idea why you think the rest of the world will trade in Sterling to indemnify British companies against FX fluctuation. You will need to explain how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Quite enjoy the thought of these supposed 'intelligent' folks on here lauding tory party policy's when i don't ever recall, ever, such a shambolic and incompetent government, a government with no mandate, with no power, clinging on for dear life while the country burns.

No integrity in this gov't whatsoever, alongside those that still.....still, support it, keep up the waffle Kerr, keep up the bull and the lies, i'm laughing my head off at you because you're as fake as this gov't, you deserve each other!!
    The government does have a mandate. They were mandated to deliver Brexit in 2016 and to be the government in 2017. You may disagree with both those mandates, but that is what happened.

As for integrity, May appears to be trying to deliver Brexit in a model that minimises the damage to the British economy. Labour on the other hand, seems to have forgotten its manifesto promise to honour the referendum decision and is, instead, now intent upon keeping all options including a further referendum open and has a Brexit secretary and a party within a party – Momentum – who are committed to such an outcome. Where’s the integrity there?

I don’t think there are many people on here who laud Tory policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If we or she grew a pair we should realise we are not at the beck & call of Juncker & Barnier but in a stronger position than we realise
    Isn't it odd that we are now told by the ECJ that we can unilaterally reverse Brexit

The backstop keeps us in the CU potentially forever
    We would still be under the jurisdiction of the ECJ
    We aren’t in a particularly strong position. Yes the EU wants to trade with us and we are major contributors on policing and security matters, but the other EU countries will have the advantage of remaining in a huge trading bloc, whereas we won’t.

As for the decision of the ECJ being ‘odd’ – not really. They heard the case because a group of British politicians from the SNP, Plaid Cymru and Labour applied to them for an urgent declaration in advance of the vote that was intended for tomorrow.

If triggered, the backstop would involve remaining in the CU until such time as an alternative trading arrangement can be agreed, but we would not be under the jurisdiction of the ECJ, no matter what your YouTube vlogger says. You also have to bear in mind that Labour’s six bullet point back of a fag packet plan involves permanent CU and Single Market membership, freedom of movement and paying into the EU budget. Is that your preferred option?

All well and good and a noble statement, thing is, what happens in the interim, who is affected for the five years(at the very least) after brexit? who explains to those affected directly and indirectly? Nobody seems to want to address that issue, do they??

Once again i read the words 'Project fear'......it's not fear, it's FACT, not hard to research really...as for mentioning Soros, i suppose the leave campaign just involved ordinary folk on ordinary salaries, remind me again which side has been found adopting dodgy(at best) financial shenanigans...

As for Corbyn, personally i think he's played a blinder upto yet, remember, he's in the opposition, not in power, he's played the lot like fiddles to a place where the tory party is in absolute turmoil, never ever a bad thing that, is it?

The fact is that no deal Brexit, under the tories, will cripple the country, it would give the rabid right wing carte blanche to strip environment regulation and workers rights and employment laws etc etc, the other fact is that if we really are going to do a no deal brexit, then the only viable option for the country's benefit as a whole is to do that under a labour gov't....

Call a GE....
    The country voted to leave the EU, so arguments about the possible negative conseqeunces of that are now history.

For there to be a General Election the government would have to ask Parliament to vote on the issue and there would have to be a two thirds majority in favour. The other way is for Labour to move and win a motion of no confidence in the government that the government cannot reverse within 14 days. The SNP and Lib Dems have made it clear that they will support such a motion and so it’s down to Corbyn to decide whether to go for it.

Cameron got nothing out of them before he called the referendum , he left Brussels frustrated and empty handed .

I've gained a bit of grudging respect for the women over the last few months , stuck it out and showed a sense of duty and resilience but she's now displaying stubbornness as Thatcher did with the Poll Tax and we all know how that ended .

Ok it's a humiliating defeat but it will be a humiliating defeat eventually whether that is next week or in January , nowt will change .

She's done what could be done and it's fallen short , accept it you stupid women because by postponing the vote you've just made the whole thing more humiliating .

As for that bunch in Brussels you'd whistle for your £39bn if it was left to me .

We might need every penny we can get in the years ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The government does have a mandate. They were mandated to deliver Brexit in 2016 and to be the government in 2017. You may disagree with both those mandates, but that is what happened.

As for integrity, May appears to be trying to deliver Brexit in a model that minimises the damage to the British economy. Labour on the other hand, seems to have forgotten its manifesto promise to honour the referendum decision and is, instead, now intent upon keeping all options including a further referendum open and has a Brexit secretary and a party within a party – Momentum – who are committed to such an outcome. Where’s the integrity there?

I don’t think there are many people on here who laud Tory policies.
    You just have....

by the way, i'm still laughing at you continuing the absolute folly of supporting a gov't that is plainly dead in the water, while still trying to pretend that you're right all the time!!! hilarious...

As for integrity, you purport yourself as a lawyer, if that's the case, really, i've got more integrity in my left eyebrow fella...you wouldn't know integrity if it smacked you in the face....

Take another look at labour's position, once again you're leading with untruths to suit your argument, no surprise to me, but i suppose it does fool some people, thats a classic ploy, one i even think the mighty lawyer has fallen for given the latest bombshell about your gov't funding covert online propoganda against the leader of the opposition, and his party, you see, even lawyer's fall for bull shyte...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The country voted to leave the EU, so arguments about the possible negative conseqeunces of that are now history.

For there to be a General Election the government would have to ask Parliament to vote on the issue and there would have to be a two thirds majority in favour. The other way is for Labour to move and win a motion of no confidence in the government that the government cannot reverse within 14 days. The SNP and Lib Dems have made it clear that they will support such a motion and so it’s down to Corbyn to decide whether to go for it.
    Which is exactly what he's doing, he's a fully experienced parliamentarian, he's manouvred the tories into this position, he's playing them, and you, like a fiddle, he'll call for the no confidence vote when he's good and ready...if he did it right now he'd galvanise the tory's, and the DUP, please keep up...

The current back stop in the deal for the island of Ireland was apparently the government's proposal and after much huffing and puffing was accepted by the EU .

As one EU big wig put it tonight " I'm at a loss why your government wants to renegotiate it's own proposal " , he looked totally bemused .

You couldn't make this up .

There will be a conclusion Mrs May , delay it all you want but it will happen eventually .

Yesterday you put your own political life and that of your party before democracy and parliament by playing for time when the reality is you don't have any time .

I'd be interested to know too why parliament will be breaking up for the xmas holidays , really !! , you should take xmas day off and that's about it given the seriousness of the situation .

Fatal error today Mrs May played out before the electorate and the worlds media .

This country is broken possibly for decades because of this thing , my word didn't you get the real UK laid bare Mr Cameron and you never even saw it coming and further proof Eton just provides the country with confident idiots but idiots none the less .

Not fit to govern , make way please .

You just have....

by the way, i'm still laughing at you continuing the absolute folly of supporting a gov't that is plainly dead in the water, while still trying to pretend that you're right all the time!!! hilarious...

As for integrity, you purport yourself as a lawyer, if that's the case, really, i've got more integrity in my left eyebrow fella...you wouldn't know integrity if it smacked you in the face....

Take another look at labour's position, once again you're leading with untruths to suit your argument, no surprise to me, but i suppose it does fool some people, thats a classic ploy, one i even think the mighty lawyer has fallen for given the latest bombshell about your gov't funding covert online propoganda against the leader of the opposition, and his party, you see, even lawyer's fall for bull shyte...
    How have I landed a Tory policy? The vote has been pulled primarily because Tory MPs won't support it.

I know Labour's position - all six bullet points. They wish to remain in the CU and Single Market, which in turn means accepting the four freedoms, paying into the EU budget and the jurisdiction of the EU. In otherwords Brexit in name only. The party has also been moving behind a further referendum as per the extensive debate and fudging at their conference.

Which is exactly what he's doing, he's a fully experienced parliamentarian, he's manouvred the tories into this position, he's playing them, and you, like a fiddle, he'll call for the no confidence vote when he's good and ready...if he did it right now he'd galvanise the tory's, and the DUP, please keep up...
    In other words, he knows that he can't win so he isn't calling for a vote.

Page 64 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast