+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fit Was Your Ambition As A Nipper And Did You Suceed

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think you are looking at it through rose tinted glasses re the charts. The chart music was pish. The odd indie hit would make it in but the majority was awful.

Radio wise it was better though but we now have Radio 6 that plays most of what we would be listening to.

Music just now is good. You just need to look for it.

I'm a 90s indie kid but Shame are one of the best bands I've heard live. Check them out.
    Haven't ever listened to Radio 6 - didn't know it existed. Also never heard of Shame... but will take a look - cheers!

I think a fair amount of the Britpop stuff still holds up. Some amount of shyte as well right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Haven't ever listened to Radio 6 - didn't know it existed. Also never heard of Shame... but will take a look - cheers!
    Radio 6 is ace min. Keeps us old radges up with the modern indie vibe. Doesn't play a lot of 90s indie. Absolute radio plays most of that. I'm more of an 80s indie fella mysell.

Absolute 90s is a nostalga trip. 80s indie music was infinitely better tho, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Absolute 90s is a nostalga trip. 80s indie music was infinitely better tho, no contest.
    To a degree 90s indie music was actually pretty mainstream ie the most popular stuff on the go. Whilst 80s indie was for the pretentious barstewards like me and it was better stuff as well.

I would debate that.

I just love the way that music and fashion changed precisely on the date that a decade completed and a new een started.

I would also remind everybody, technically, the decade only completes on the final day of the year ending in '0'.

One of my nephews was born on Eoin Jess's birthday in 2000, and he argues that he's nae a 1990s kid. He's getting a bit too big at 18 to gie a clappit lug tae though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I would debate that.
    I would join you in debating that. I only arrived in time for the 90s stuff, so possibly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I would join you in debating that. I only arrived in time for the 90s stuff, so possibly biased.
    I take 57s point. It is a kind of a new thing splitting music into decades when the band's were usually about for a few years before getting record deals.
    It does depend when you were born. However I would challenge the 90s boys to come up with better than Joy Division ,Talking Heads, The Birthday Party, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Smiths, The wedding present ,The Fall,The Cocteau Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I take 57s point. It is a kind of a new thing splitting music into decades when the band's were usually about for a few years before getting record deals.
    It does depend when you were born. However I would challenge the 90s boys to come up with better than Joy Division ,Talking Heads, The Birthday Party, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Smiths, The wedding present ,The Fall,The Cocteau Twins.
    Bit of a stretch saying Joy Division were an 80s band. No Cure on that list either? Shloppy

Edit - The Birthday Party & Nick Cave have always been shyte, Talking Heads is one of those bands that everybody says they like but they don't really & The Wedding Presents best stuff was all released in the 90s
    Last edited by Mason89; 23-01-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast