+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team for Barnet?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not Virtue.
    He really does add nothing to the side. Hoping Nolan is not under obligation to play him and if so should only be used sparingly to see if he can improve and adjust to league two because playing him from the start is a mistake based on his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    He really does add nothing to the side. Hoping Nolan is not under obligation to play him and if so should only be used sparingly to see if he can improve and adjust to league two because playing him from the start is a mistake based on his performances.
    I hope he improves and becomes a real asset for the rest of the season. I cant see it though , I hate being hard on kids learning their trade but he's offered nothing so far and I can't quite work out which position he's supposed to be playing. Seems to start in midfield and when things aren't going well appears alongside Stead ! He doesn't do either well.
    Last edited by navypie; 07-02-2018 at 05:33 PM.

The Crewe team with Tootle in for Hunt if fit, but Grant is showing that without his goals he doesn’t bring much to the table, for some reason he’s started sidefooting everything. No obvious replacement for him though.

I’m pretty hopeful that Bennett will start the Carlisle game, probably in place of Shola, but Stead looked knackered last night as well.

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Hall Brisley Jones
    Allesandra Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Forte

Subs: Hall, Collin, Noble, Smith, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Flat 4-3-3, compact and overload their midfield. Can rely on Toots and Jones to stifle their wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Needs to leave a few of the bruised players out and bring Noble, Milsom, Bennett & Hall in for Sat. Shola & Bennet up top Noble, Milsom, Husin & Hewitt in midfield with Jones, Hall, Duffy & hopefully Toots at the back. Keeper ??. Only my opinion.
    Where would you play the 4 centre midfieldersyou have chosen?

Fitzsimons, only because his distribution is10x that of Collin.
    Toots, Hall, Duffy, Jones
    Husin
    Noble Hewitt
    Grant
    Shola Bennett

If all fit that is my choice. Grant is wasted on the wing and not involved enough so would give him a free role and get teams thinking about where he will pop up. Hewitt and Noble can give us the industry needed, as well as Husin who I would have playing as our quarterback, get us ticking.
    Would rest Brisley and Stead as both look like they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieBaTS View Post
    Fitzsimons
    Allesandra Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Forte

Subs: Hall, Collin, Noble, Smith, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Flat 4-3-3, compact and overload their midfield. Can rely on Toots and Jones to stifle their wingers.
    What no Grant and Bennet even on the subs bench....
    Wouldn't have Forte anywhere near the squad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    What no Grant and Bennet even on the subs bench....
    Wouldn't have Forte anywhere near the squad...
    Oops, overlooked Grant and Bennett. Could fit them in somewhere but think the squad needs shaking up. Grant hasn't been decent for a few weeks.

Try again:

Fitzsimons
    Grant Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Bennett

Subs: Forte, Collin, Noble, Allesandra, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Where would you play the 4 centre midfieldersyou have chosen?

Fitzsimons, only because his distribution is10x that of Collin.
    Toots, Hall, Duffy, Jones
    Husin
    Noble Hewitt
    Grant
    Shola Bennett

If all fit that is my choice. Grant is wasted on the wing and not involved enough so would give him a free role and get teams thinking about where he will pop up. Hewitt and Noble can give us the industry needed, as well as Husin who I would have playing as our quarterback, get us ticking.
    Would rest Brisley and Stead as both look like they need it.
    I find it strange that people want to leave out Stead when he is in the best goal scoring form of his Notts career, he may look tired but I bet he wants to keep playing while he is scoring every game.

No surprises, you can't punish players who have put us in the promotion frame, just because a prem team put on a finishing masterclass. So the team I'd like to see is

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones
    Hawkridge Husin Hewitt Grant
    Ameobi Stead

Subs: Collin, Dickinson, Hunt, Allesandra, Noble, Bennett, Forte

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No surprises, you can't punish players who have put us in the promotion frame, just because a prem team put on a finishing masterclass. So the team I'd like to see is

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones
    Hawkridge Husin Hewitt Grant
    Ameobi Stead

Subs: Collin, Dickinson, Hunt, Allesandra, Noble, Bennett, Forte
    I'd go with that or alternatively swap Shola for Bennett in the starting line up and keep Shola on the bench until needed, if at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast