+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McMullan

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    It wasn’t problem when Murray played up front coz he put himself about, harried every defender on the park and caused general mayhem. Fast forward to the present day and we have single forward just generally trotting about between defenders, absolute waste of time, especially playing the teams in our league. Should be three up front from now until end of season, Lyng on one side, young Matty on’t other, and McDonald through the centre and all should remain up top even when the oppo has a phukkin corner
    It was a problem. We were shyte

Ling - McDonald - Smith wouldn't put much fear into the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Ling - McDonald - Smith wouldn't put much fear into the opposition.
    Correct.

I think there's goals in Mikkelson but not from the way we play at the moment. Asking Mikkelson to chase long balls or high punts up to him is no good at all. He needs a wide player who can turn defenders get them facing their own goal, down to the byeline for cutbacks or crosses. Been pasted on here for suggesting this before but I'll say it again, if Scobbie is fit play him at LB and move Robson in front of him with the dual job of protecting Scobbie and then getting forward to link with McMullan .

edit this is while Fraser is unavailable

Too many "ifs" and "buts" and the season is almost over - other teams have players injured too.

United have handed St Mirren the title on a plate - lets call it an early xmas gift.

We still have time to get ready for the play offs - it won't be easy, but if the team can hit a winning run and keep a clean sheet the player's will start to believe promotion is possible via the play offs.

Play 2 wingers and 2 forwards rest of season. We are mince, so why not just go for it. Leave 2 in the middle who can get about the park.

King Stanton Flood McMullan

McDonald Mikkelsen

Even with Fyvie & Fraser fit I would go 4-4-2 with players we have at our disposal.

Would like to see at Livi:

Lewis

Murdoch
    Durnan
    Scobbie
    Mason

Gillespie
    Stanton
    Flood

Mcmullan
    Mikkelson
    King

Lewis

Murdo Durnan Scobbie Mason
    Gillespie Flood Stanton King
    McMullan Mikkelsen

Robson deserves to be dropped IMHO, been honking for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Lewis

Murdo Durnan Scobbie Mason
    Gillespie Flood Stanton King
    McMullan Mikkelsen

Robson deserves to be dropped IMHO, been honking for a few weeks.
    Lewis needs dropped or that may just cost us promotion. But Robson has done really well with Scobbie beside him and Fyvie and others to cover his forays up the wing. Now they are not there, Robson has not been himself but i hope the break between games will help give him a rest and allow Edje and Scobbie time to get back.

Hopefully Doc does go to RB, but i really dont understand the whole Ballantyne thing.

Flood is another who needs to be dropped as he is not good enough any more to do everything on his own! I would use Gillespie in there with Stanton and try King and Lyng on the wings. Mikkelsen and McMullan up top might need a couple of games to strike up a partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    its a modern day thing isnt it playing 1 up top.

teams can be just as attacking by having 1 up top it all depends on the support to that player. if we have wingers who are attacking including central midfield runners then its not 1 up really.
    But we dont, and 1 up front is pish, its really really pish for us...

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    It wasn’t problem when Murray played up front coz he put himself about, harried every defender on the park and caused general mayhem. Fast forward to the present day and we have single forward just generally trotting about between defenders, absolute waste of time, especially playing the teams in our league. Should be three up front from now until end of season, Lyng on one side, young Matty on’t other, and McDonald through the centre and all should remain up top even when the oppo has a phukkin corner
    would still have preferred someone along side him A.

3 upfront would do me mate, atleast try f ucking go for it

Im not gonna comment on corners at the risk of smashing up my imac. Boils my piss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)