+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris , you have got some work to do...............

Chris , you have got some work to do...............

He will turn us around early days yet , but its obvious were not scoring enough , Brooks And Ched have to start on sat against dingles , we really need to win on Sat . Home form will be key to surviving and progressing in this league .

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    He will turn us around early days yet , but its obvious were not scoring enough , Brooks And Ched have to start on sat against dingles , we really need to win on Sat . Home form will be key to surviving and progressing in this league .
    Our shortcomings are a bit more obvious than I thought they might be, but we've just narrowly lost to the top and 4th place, both away. Not time to lose hope yet. We wont be tested quite so severely every week.

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Agree re Ched and Brooks they provide a threat that we are lacking. Still played 2 of the best teams in this division and have not been embarrassed. Wilder will get this right.

1 goal and not many more chances in 3 games, not sure the cb and dm should top the priority lists.

there's gonna be a fair few long afternoons this season, the gap between where we were and the top half of this league is huge.

we just need to make sure we haven't forgot how to create and score when we play the lesser teams

Physicality and pace is lacking in our team,how that will be sorted i dunno.

Think we said something similar this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Think we said something similar this time last year.
    It was worse last year,we all had great expectations Gray and rightly so,but we knew all the ingredients for winning were there in the team.

This season it is becoming apparent that we are lacking some ingredients,those ingredients need to be purchased if we are to progress.

I would say Aston Villa are in the same boat that we were last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Agree re Ched and Brooks they provide a threat that we are lacking. Still played 2 of the best teams in this division and have not been embarrassed. Wilder will get this right.
    I think Ched could well start on Saturday but don't forget when him&Brooksy come on as subs they playin against tirin defenders.I'm a big fan of Brooksy but i don't think our fans should put him under too pressure,i reckon bring him on wi 25mins or so to go and ease him into first team action.The need for a new centre half has grown wi Stearman's injury but Tufty knows what's needed.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    1 goal and not many more chances in 3 games, not sure the cb and dm should top the priority lists.

there's gonna be a fair few long afternoons this season, the gap between where we were and the top half of this league is huge.

we just need to make sure we haven't forgot how to create and score when we play the lesser teams
    1 goal 2 disallowed V Brentford
    1 disallowed & goalie making a couple of good saves V Boro
    Billys effort easier to miss than score but he did + we had shots on target V Cardiff ( we'll forget the possible pen)

Yes we need to a lot better but these are the fine lines we are dealing with at the moment.

no need for panic yet we got exactly what i thought we would get out of these 2 away games nowt we need 3 quality players in that can compete at this level league 1 and 2 players have been recruited well but nows the time to step it up and back chris with the funds to being chanpionship players in over to you mr mcabe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast