+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sustainability

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i said it from day 1 when hewitson took charge ,he would gradually sell off our assets for his own gain ,the happy clappers couldnt see it as usual ,this man needs to be put on the spot and asked some serious questions face to face with the fans ,no wonder thay didnt want a fan on the board ,all the hidden agendas would have become public knowledge ,surely the blounts wouldnt let these things happen tho surely as there suppose to be queens men .

You have answered your own question in the last line.

Considering what has happened at some of the biggest Clubs in the country we should be grateful that we have people running the Club who are fans and that want to do their best for it.

I think the Board have done pretty much all they can to keep us going - where would we be without the arena , I think we all know the answer to that one.

The only thing I think they have got wrong was firing Fowler and then - after Skelton - appointing Naysmith who is the most negative and uninspiring Manager we have ever had.

That's two things actually !

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley View Post
    You have answered your own question in the last line.

Considering what has happened at some of the biggest Clubs in the country we should be grateful that we have people running the Club who are fans and that want to do their best for it.

I think the Board have done pretty much all they can to keep us going - where would we be without the arena , I think we all know the answer to that one.

The only thing I think they have got wrong was firing Fowler and then - after Skelton - appointing Naysmith who is the most negative and uninspiring Manager we have ever had.

That's two things actually !

i dinae ken likes but ,all i want is for my club queens to be as big as thay can be ,and i like to be in the know if theres was anything not right ,all i can see is queens need to generate there money outwith the football side ,no where near enough cash can be made through gate money these days to pay a decent teams wages ,if what aloreburn said about the whole roof of the arena covered in solar panels id like to think whith that many the arena and palmy will be self sufficient for electricity and should be operating at 0 cost to the club ,we need more ways to generate income at queens ,that arena makes a not bad profit each year ,now id like to see queens going down a root like building more of these kind of arenas around the country ,thats how Bannatyne started with one gym now look at him billions of quids later he has ump**** of them ,the money generated from something like that all going into queens bank account ,we would then be a force to be reckoned with .the trick is we need to be functioning without the need of relying on paying fans .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 13-02-2018 at 12:42 AM.

all a pipe dream i know but its the very few individuals that make these types of dream reality that ends up stinking rich .

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Who makes money from the solar panels on top of the Queens Arena ? The club or the Chairman ? A friend of mine was painting the floodlights and said it’s covered in them
    Solar panels are only capable of lessening the power burden of a building and do not generate any money unless somehow it is connected to the national grid and the trickle of electricity they generate, on the brighter days, is fed into that. Simply unreal I am afraid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)