+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining games- Who stays up?

As I stated yesterday, Everton get full 3 against Chelsea and we are doomed. Gone for mine...😩

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I'm so pi55ed off. Rev is just pi55ed.
    You should come and join me pal it sure helps been pissed when yer pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Well, we had one hell of a rollercoaster promoted through with the squad we would have been straight down but nope. Another season came around this time we were pumped unlike the season before and now the south is coming up fast.
    Like any rollercoaster eventually, they come crashing down. In our case, it was so obvious before during, and now after.
    Yep pretty much hit the nail on the head there oz lad

Been very nervous about Burnley all along. They are professional survivors. Credit to them.

Did not see the Everton streak. Stunned but fat frank always seems to prevail on all things Leeds.

I think the Dallas injury was the last straw for our hopes. I'm not as negative on the management overall as some on here but the lack of a back up striker is truly perplexing. I look at how many games a big brawny CF would have won or drawn for us and can't help but wonder "what if".

Hope the 49's follow through on the purchase. we are deep in the fecal matter at the end of this season. we'll lose Raph, KP, Meslier for well under their actual value. Hopefully we'll give up on the 30 million wonder yank and focus on developing our outstanding youth along with some old veterans that have something to prove.

wish it was anyone but fat frank that we lost out too.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Been very nervous about Burnley all along. They are professional survivors. Credit to them.

Did not see the Everton streak. Stunned but fat frank always seems to prevail on all things Leeds.

I think the Dallas injury was the last straw for our hopes. I'm not as negative on the management overall as some on here but the lack of a back up striker is truly perplexing. I look at how many games a big brawny CF would have won or drawn for us and can't help but wonder "what if".

Hope the 49's follow through on the purchase. we are deep in the fecal matter at the end of this season. we'll lose Raph, KP, Meslier for well under their actual value. Hopefully we'll give up on the 30 million wonder yank and focus on developing our outstanding youth along with some old veterans that have something to prove.

wish it was anyone but fat frank that we lost out too.
    Well, were not relegated, yet, but it doesn't look good that's for sure, and whilst we might not have done as well as our first season back, our current predicament could and should have been dealt with. Bielsa might like a small squad, but he didn't own the club, so if additional depth was needed (it was) he either discusses with the exec how he deals with that or f00ks off. as it is we got the worst of both worlds, a thin squad and a coach that wouldn't adapt to a dire situation of his making.

If we get relegated, the 49ers are highly unlikely to exercise their option to buy Radrizzani out, given that many of the players who got us promoted and/or who are (just about) PL-capable, will be gone (and as you say, for below what they are worth, given that we will be in "fire-sale" mode). Parachute payments will cushion the blow, but they won't counteract the loss of TV revenue (which most PL clubs could manage on, without fans through the turnstiles), and re-building will be time-consuming and expensive.

All we can hope for is that the players rise to the occasion (as Burnley and Everton players have) and we get points where they aren't expected, in all the remaining matches. It's not in our hands to determine survival, but at least we should see the players make it hard for Burnley and Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Well, were not relegated, yet, but it doesn't look good that's for sure, and whilst we might not have done as well as our first season back, our current predicament could and should have been dealt with. Bielsa might like a small squad, but he didn't own the club, so if additional depth was needed (it was) he either discusses with the exec how he deals with that or f00ks off. as it is we got the worst of both worlds, a thin squad and a coach that wouldn't adapt to a dire situation of his making.

If we get relegated, the 49ers are highly unlikely to exercise their option to buy Radrizzani out, given that many of the players who got us promoted and/or who are (just about) PL-capable, will be gone (and as you say, for below what they are worth, given that we will be in "fire-sale" mode). Parachute payments will cushion the blow, but they won't counteract the loss of TV revenue (which most PL clubs could manage on, without fans through the turnstiles), and re-building will be time-consuming and expensive.

All we can hope for is that the players rise to the occasion (as Burnley and Everton players have) and we get points where they aren't expected, in all the remaining matches. It's not in our hands to determine survival, but at least we should see the players make it hard for Burnley and Everton.
    Agreed, the board should have made signings in January.

As you said, there is still a chance we didn't expect Everton to get anything against Chelsea so we need to do the same and win games we aren't expecting to, do that and there is a hero status available for anyone who gets us those goals.

Must win one of Arsenal or Chelsea now as a minimum, its not quite last gasp but if we don't get a win there I fear the worst, kinda hoping for a Burnley meltdown, though it doesn't look like happening.

We're not privy to all the happenings at the club, there has been suggestions that Bielsa had told the club the squad needed upgrading and that the 49ers had curbed transfer activity until they had taken over in summer as they were not happy with Orta's latest acquisitions.... where the last takeover went smoothly with instant benefits this one isn't so smooth.

If we do go down (and it's by no means certain) then it will be a cataclysmic fcuk up the highest order and those culpable should be sacked (but won't be). A blind donkey on LSD could see, from before the season even started, that we had way too small a squad and a lack of quality in key positions; and that's without the added complication of long-term injuries to key players. Utterly shambolic.

Yeah, think we're done for now, both Everton and Burnley have more favourable fixtures to scrabble points from. I'm afraid watching Marsch's 'tactics' - if there are any - doesn't fill me with any confidence that we'll actually pick up another point from the last four matches. Arsenal and Chelsea will be too good and well organised and I've seen people saying we'll get points from the home game against Brighton - on what evidence, we don't have a good record, we've beaten them once and drawn once in the last 10 meetings and as for picking up anything at Brentford, well won't they just love seeing us go down - you've got to go back to 1950 for the last time we won there. It's been a season of gambles that haven't come off I'm afraid.

Not over till it’s over - but agreed not looking good - watched the Everton v Chelsea highlights and Chelsea seemed very casual until they went behind.

Need something v Arsenal ideally. Need Cooper and Llorente back for that.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)