+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wowser

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I do not like it,the South dwarfs all the others for me,making it lopsided and like Elland Road
    Never been a problem for Old Trafford though has it? Elland Road looks crap because that's what it is - crap. This looks class and full of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Never been a problem for Old Trafford though has it? Elland Road looks crap because that's what it is - crap. This looks class and full of personality.
    I was told recently by a Man Utd fan that there are plans for them to build over the railway line at the back of Old Trafford to bring that side up level with the opposite side,i am very sceptical whether that will happen.

I would have thought this design would only ever happen after we become an established Premier league team,we could not fill it at present

I was told recently by a Man Utd fan that there are plans for them to build over the railway line at the back of Old Trafford to bring that side up level with the opposite side,i am very sceptical whether that will happen.

I would have thought this design would only ever happen after we become an established Premier league team,we could not fill it at present
    As in the railway line would go through the stadium? That'd be interesting.

Agreed about the pointlessness of upgrading ours until we're established, though. The ground needs to not be half empty. We'll leave that to our porcine neighbours across the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    As in the railway line would go through the stadium? That'd be interesting.

Agreed about the pointlessness of upgrading ours until we're established, though. The ground needs to not be half empty. We'll leave that to our porcine neighbours across the city.
    The railway line would go under a tunnel,the new stand would be built over it,or so he claimed,like i said i am very sceptical about it 1 being possible 2 affordable,even for Man United

No wonder the railways in a mess surely it would be better for the line to go through the tunnel instead of under it

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    No wonder the railways in a mess surely it would be better for the line to go through the tunnel instead of under it
    Good point well made

No worries pal I'm sure everybody else will make the same allowance I did for your lack of education

The railway line would go under a tunnel,the new stand would be built over it,or so he claimed,like i said i am very sceptical about it 1 being possible 2 affordable,even for Man United
    I can't see it being that big a feat of engineering. It'd only be like Birmingham New Street where the line is subterranean with a big massive cathedral of poor taste and excessive spending on the top of it

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    No worries pal I'm sure everybody else will make the same allowance I did for your lack of education

Ouch!

I do not like it,the South dwarfs all the others for me,making it lopsided and like Elland Road
    You mean you would prefer it to look more like Newcastle's ground.

Me misen i want the Kop flattening and rebuilding at a steeper rake.

On the whole if the club said they are starting the building work in the morning as it is i would give it my thumb up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast