+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season's points

Quote Originally Posted by BDTBL1 View Post
    Not at all, i just think it's hilarious to name Tufty in the same breath as Clough. The two couldn't be more different both in football and out of football.
    Both like a drink,that is something they have in common

It's the racing football outlook Ronnie comes out weekly full of stats and things that help me make the decisions I do,as for winning I hold my own I'd make a lot more if I changed my betting style but I like accas usually 5 timers which really isn't the way to make money but it's fun for me I just enjoy the whole process I've been playing with their money for over a season now accounts have been as low as 50quid and over 350 it's currently just under 200. It could have been more than double that as last week I had a long shot acca that was only let down by Coventry 5 quid was paying 299 I'm sure if I'd been in they could have tempted me with a cash back offer unfortunately I was busy so just had to let it ride

It comes out every tues btw costs £2.40 (Robbin bar stewards) it has helped pick the last 3 national winners one of em backed at 80 odd to one won at much much shorter so it pays for itself I only use the horse racing section for the big meetings tho has a golf tipster who has an excellent record,as always you can find conflicting opinions it's up to you to choose what you use and ignore,overall I find it useful and reading it is part of the enjoyment for me

Hope all of that helps ron
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 08-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Both like a drink,that is something they have in common
    that's true.........and both have/had an excellent assistant who is/was arguably as good as they are/were

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    that's true.........and both have/had an excellent assistant who is/was arguably as good as they are/were
    I couldn't agree more, Alan Knill's managerial record is quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Yes but now Utd own exclusive rights to Peroni...

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    No he's not doing that at all and he's made his thought process perfectly clear, so why would you say that? I've got some of the traits of Paul McCartney, but unfortunately I can't write songs, the fringe has gone and I have a crap signing voice.

You seem like you're priming up a 'they think Wilder is as good as Clough' thread for Porktalk pal.
    If we are going to compare CW to anyone at this stage I would say his management style reminds me more of Harry Bassett. He has turned the Club around to a point where everyone is pulling in the same direction from the tea ladies right through to the first team stars (is that politically incorrect BTW could be tea 'people' and they are just as important as anyone else).

The Club is truly United throughout once again - as CW says 'we got our Club back'.

Quote Originally Posted by BDTBL1 View Post
    Are you seriously comparing CW to one of the greatest managers to have ever been in the game? wow
    No I didn't. You sir, are an idiot. I suggest reading and understanding what people write, not jumping in with your size nine opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's the racing football outlook Ronnie comes out weekly full of stats and things that help me make the decisions I do,as for winning I hold my own I'd make a lot more if I changed my betting style but I like accas usually 5 timers which really isn't the way to make money but it's fun for me I just enjoy the whole process I've been playing with their money for over a season now accounts have been as low as 50quid and over 350 it's currently just under 200. It could have been more than double that as last week I had a long shot acca that was only let down by Coventry 5 quid was paying 299 I'm sure if I'd been in they could have tempted me with a cash back offer unfortunately I was busy so just had to let it ride

It comes out every tues btw costs £2.40 (Robbin bar stewards) it has helped pick the last 3 national winners one of em backed at 80 odd to one won at much much shorter so it pays for itself I only use the horse racing section for the big meetings tho has a golf tipster who has an excellent record,as always you can find conflicting opinions it's up to you to choose what you use and ignore,overall I find it useful and reading it is part of the enjoyment for me

Hope all of that helps ron
    Cheers Bully. Thanks for the info.
    Personally, I only punt on things I know about - football and (very occasionally) cycling, but also "financial" markets. I don't understand horses at all and the timing of movements in the F/X markets continually mystify me - so I avoid those completely (unless I have a day out at the races, when it's very small bets just to give me an interest

I think you would find it useful Ronnie like I say I usually the discard the racing bit myself but plenty of stuff in the football half that's of interest at worst I'd say just take a look at it it's not for everyone I know but I'd always check something out before deciding whether it's for me or not

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    No I didn't. You sir, are an idiot. I suggest reading and understanding what people write, not jumping in with your size nine opinion.
    Ahh of course the insults start coming. I think you have realised what you said was complete and utter nonsense and you feel slightly silly.

Tufty is a fantastic manager, in my opinion one of the best outside the PL. But to say there are similarities between him and Clough in how they go about their fotballing business? I think you sir, are the idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast