+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverness (A)

It’s up to Tony Watt now to show he can cover for Moult

Failing that we have the three young lads (two currrently on loan)

Middleton has been poor but can also play up front if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Just thinking out loud here...
    We must be paying Denham something, he's obviously not going to feature, so why not send him back and use that wage towards a backup striker.
    Ross Graham is there, Docherty, even McMann can fill an injury gap if required.
    I doubt our loan agreement allows us to do that or it would have happened already. Forgot about McLeod heading out on loan. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Yeah wasn't being factual just having a laugh. What you said about the Diddy Cup though, I was amazed when I saw we were risking injuries to key first team players in the last round. If JG does that again it's just crazy.
    Dont get me wrong, i like im sure many others do, want to win every game we are involved in, but i cannot see why we are risking the fitness of key players in a cup that means absolutely nothing to the support. JG has come out and said that there is a desire in the squad to progress in this cup, and maybe win it, and while there are games i can get to, i will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Miller Thompson doing well at Montrose apparently
    Thought he showed a bit more promise in the few times ive seen him than McLeod has in any game. Even Stirton has shown up better and maybe should be given a start if Moult is out for a while and Watt cant deliver.

Miller Thomson man of the match last two games. Speaking to an established montrose player his words were he's unbelievable so im quite excited about what he could do on his return. With the emergence of Stirton and Mackeod supposedly a promising player it looks like we have some young decent strikers coming through..

Watt looked decent when he came on. He's not a natural goalscorer sure but I think he can do a job providing we get support from the others better than we have been. Get Fotjerham on from the start now too ffs.

All three are completely different strikers. Unfortunately for MacLeod, he's probably the one furthest away from fitting into the formation and style of play that Goodwin wants. Unfortunately for us, he's the most progressed out of the three. Stirton undoubtedly suits our game more than any of them but he's furthest from being ready.

I know Paul Sturrock was a winger & Miller Thomson is an attacking mid but could he be the new Luggy?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I know Paul Sturrock was a winger & Miller Thomson is an attacking mid but could he be the new Luggy?
    I'm gonna put my neck on the line and say.... Absolutely no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm gonna put my neck on the line and say.... Absolutely no chance.
    😂😂😂😂

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)