+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Time for Proctor

Who do you think would score more over a season if they both played every game Cayton smith or procter ?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s Warney that wants Ajayi in Midfielder, Maybe he’s thinking if he drops a *******s then there’s the defence to back him up, he might have a point but I’d rather Ajayi stays put but learns ASAP to get rid of the ball instead of gifting goals to opposition
    Aye and Warne said in a interview he likes Williams in the 10 role.. not many people agree with him
    On the ajayi. Should he play CB. Or DM I think is split there's argument for both but if one of the reasons is "if he makes a mistake it's less likely to be punished" then imo like you, he shouldn't be there..

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Who do you think would score more over a season if they both played every game Cayton smith or procter ?
    Proctor. Though that's all he would offer and I would bet a lot of money it would be less than. Double figures.

In July (think it was) I asked if Smith scored 5 goals and assisted in 5 would that be a good return.. tbh I'm a bit surprised how good his play has been. Though I stand by he won't score enough goals to keep us up..
    Imo we need 3 players who can score double figures and I'd be gobsmacked if Smith, proctor,vassell get 20 between them

Fair point.
    Individually I agree however both together I think they would be more effective over a period of time.
    Don’t think we will see that though tbh.

A quick point. Cast your minds back to the Sheff Utd game at 2-1 down going towards extra time.

Nowt to lose Warne puts the lot on with Smith, Proctor and Vassell. It paid dividends as even Sheff Utd couldn't cope with the onslaught.

That's all it wanted last Saturday, bravery when called for. Proctor deserves a run if only for the last 15 -20 minutes.

To answer the question I feel Proctor would score the most if he played the same games as Smith.

They are different players and Smith offers a total aspect to the way he holds up play and scores, both good in their own ways.

I think that goal against Sheff Utd was assisted by 3 'absolue howlers' of mistakes, or they certainly would have been if Semi committed them

Can't dispute that brin. When it's needed Get em all on and go for it..
    It's playing 442 (4411) and playing proctor from the start that imo wouldnt work. We're conceding almost 2 goals per game with 4 defenders and 5 midfielder. Don't forget we're creating 15/20 chances per game so there's nothing wrong with our attacking setup.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    The lad looks at least a stone overweight which he didn't last season. Lean and mean was how I saw him last season. Not so this..

He was never blessed with pace and since the injury he looks like he's treading water when hes running.
    Matt Derbyshire didn't have pace but he was quick in mind.

Warner only played one upfront and when fit it will always be Smith. Only roles for proctor would be as a number 10 which for the above reasons he's not ideal or for 20 minutes from the bench which is how Warner is playing him..
    Tbf I think our goal return over the past dozen games has been ok. It's the chances to goals that's not great.
    Valid points but he’s the only one that looks like scoring when he’s on pitch at the moment, he’s nowhere near ready to start imo but fetching him on at some point in the 2nd half gives us a more of a chance in getting points

We can always pull Smith back to feed the ball to Proctor

I agree that Proctor is not 100% fit but I would like anyone to explain to me how having pace and speed helps a forward from corners and free kicks? Where is the benefit of it from a dead ball scenario?

We create a fair few corners, free kicks and long throw in situations to warrant a player like Proctor at least having 20 to 30 minutes on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I agree that Proctor is not 100% fit but I would like anyone to explain to me how having pace and speed helps a forward from corners and free kicks? Where is the benefit of it from a dead ball scenario?

We create a fair few corners, free kicks and long throw in situations to warrant a player like Proctor at least having 20 to 30 minutes on the pitch.
    You don’t after be a greyhound biglad but watch Rod Fern in the box quicker than bolt.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast