+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I could have quoted from anywhere. Of course unlimited immigration lowers wages, as it creates a massive pool of cheap labour, that's why the likes of Hammond are so keen on EU membership. Don't try and paint me as a racist, I file you with Tories. You are an utter ****er.
    The Tories called the referendum, the majority of Tories voted to leave and its a Tory government that’s giving us the choice between a crap deal and no deal, you’re the one who agrees with them and quotes a Tory rag but you’re filing me as a Tory? Righto.

Corbyn and his acolytes are enabling a far right Brexit. Don’t play the victim when you’re tarred with the same unfortunate brush.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The Tories called the referendum, the majority of Tories voted to leave and its a Tory government that’s giving us the choice between a crap deal and no deal, you’re the one who agrees with them and quotes a Tory rag but you’re filing me as a Tory? Righto.

Corbyn and his acolytes are enabling a far right Brexit. Don’t play the victim when you’re tarred with the same unfortunate brush.
    It's all political with you. Just like sid, you aint even a Notts fan.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-12-2018 at 11:42 PM.

When i left school back in 1994 i went straight into a new job on day 1. I was lucky that i kept that same job for 20 odd years until 2015 when it went bust and i found myself looking for a new job. Over the course of those 20 odd years i had worked my way up to a reasonable wage and was oblivious to how the world had changed in the job market.
    First problem i noticed was how many jobs i looked at were at Agencies Who just rung me up and said can you be at so and so on monday morning for a week.
    By far the biggest problem was hardly anyone was paying more than £7-50 an hour (min wage) Which to be blunt was no where near enough for me to continue paying mortgage and bills.
    Anyway i eventually had to accpept a new job on the crappy wage because well i had no choice,but once i started working i realised why there was an abundance of £7-50 jobs going around.
    My new company had a very high turnover of staff,why? Because it was filled with Polish folk willing to work up to 16 hours everyday on £7-50 an hour.
    Then i started questioning myself as to why i wasn't prepared to do those silly hours for that crappy wage.
    Well i have a family i want to see and spend time with, and it wasn't like we would get paid an overtime wage to make up for the lost time with family.
    Anyway as time passed and i got to know my fellow Polish workers,it turned out that they all basically shared houses with each other to make things easier and then they sent the rest of there wages back to wifes/girlfriends back home where they had bought land for new houses.(apparently thats how you do it over there).
    The final nail in the coffin came on the school run one morning, I was waiting for the school gates to open when i noticed a lady crying. When asked what was wrong by another lady it turns out she had 2 daughters and could not get them into the same school and her child minder had let her down at the last minute and now she was stressing how to pick up two young children from 2 different schools at the same time. As the gate opens we walk to class to watch Polish families happily picking up there many children.
    So then the EU referendum came round in 2016 and guess which way i voted.
    So between min wage rules and influx of immigrants i have had eneough.
    Last edited by mark45; 20-12-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    When i left school back in 1994 i went straight into a new job on day 1. I was lucky that i kept that same job for 20 odd years until 2015 when it went bust and i found myself looking for a new job. Over the course of those 20 odd years i had worked my way up to a reasonable wage and was oblivious to how the world had changed in the job market.
    First problem i noticed was how many jobs i looked at were at Agencies Who just rung me up and said can you be at so and so on monday morning for a week.
    By far the biggest problem was hardly anyone was paying more than £7-50 an hour (min wage) Which to be blunt was no where near enough for me to continue paying mortgage and bills.
    Anyway i eventually had to accpept a new job on the crappy wage because well i had no choice,but once i started working i realised why there was an abundance of £7-50 jobs going around.
    My new company had a very high turnover of staff,why? Because it was filled with Polish folk willing to work up to 16 hours everyday on £7-50 an hour.
    Then i started questioning myself as to why i wasn't prepared to do those silly hours for that crappy wage.
    Well i have a family i want to see and spend time with, and it wasn't like we would get paid an overtime wage to make up for the lost time with family.
    Anyway as time passed and i got to know my fellow Polish workers,it turned out that they all basically shared houses with each other to make things easier and then they sent the rest of there wages back to wifes/girlfriends back home where they had bought land for new houses.(apparently thats how you do it over there).
    The final nail in the coffin came on the school run one morning, I was waiting for the school gates to open when i noticed a lady crying. When asked what was wrong by another lady it turns out she had 2 daughters and could not get them into the same school and her child minder had let her down at the last minute and now she was stressing how to pick up two young children from 2 different schools at the same time. As the gate opens we walk to class to watch Polish families happily picking up there many children.

Get ready for all the abuse now from the losing remoaners.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's all political with you. Just like sid, you aint even a Notts fan.
    Give it a rest, you wouldn’t give a monkeys if I was a Forest season ticket holder if you agreed with me. You think Brexit is boring so god knows why you even click on this thread.

As I’ve told you, I’ve not been able to get to Notts lately but hoping to go to Bury. Is Fitzsimons still crap?

I check this thread every now and again to see if anything has changed, whether someone has had an earth shattering revelation and switched sides or even conceded points on which the other might be right. I'm always disappointed ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I check this thread every now and again to see if anything has changed, whether someone has had an earth shattering revelation and switched sides or even conceded points on which the other might be right. I'm always disappointed ha ha.
    The days of considered, and courteous exchanges of thoughts , and views, have long since vanished.

All you are left with is two groups screaming at each other. Then you have the devils own device “ Twitter”, whose only function seems to be to empower an “ electronic mob”

The sheer venom , and mutual loathing on show in British politics is appalling. Brexit however , was the catalyst not the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post

A minimum wage of £10 an hour and the government putting the money into education that reverses the cuts since 2010 will help will the situation you describe far better than Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    A minimum wage of £10 an hour and the government putting the money into education that reverses the cuts since 2010 will help will the situation you describe far better than Brexit.
    Without EU freedom of movement there would not be a ****ing massive queue of foreigners waiting for the low paid jobs that us UK folk want/need.
    Whilst ever the company's have a long queue outside the workers stand no chance of forcing them to pay more.

... well illustrated Mark45. You don't mind when the game is played by the same rules but our naive, liberal, thick elite are too comfortable in their pigstyes to bother to try and understand or care. They fight like hell to avoid change.
    I have to smile at the well heeled from the south-east having their Crissy hols disrupted by the Gatwick drones. Perhaps we should send a few drones over to Paris and Berlin airports to make life a little uncomfortable there too.

Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast