+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

That's big money - hope he can cut it in the Prem and if he makes a slow start we don't slate him!

I think fans will be patent with him. I remember Angal taking time to adjust and didn't get much stick.
    To be honest he looks like a cross between Benteke and Carew.
    I think this club has some big intentions

Got to be a very good reason behind a 5 year deal...

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Got to be a very good reason behind a 5 year deal...
    Well, the fee is quoted at being 22m, which I would presume is over 5 years, just over 4mil from this year's budget. If he has a good season then he’ll still have 4 years as a bargaining tool for resale.

I know nothing about him, then I hadn’t heard of Benteke, and that worked out well.

I hope he’s better than the YouTube vids, which usually make all players look like Messi, surprisingly poor in the air for such a big lad.

Wish him well.

I would rather a forward who can use his feet, Tammy and Rudi great in the air but a bit Bambi....
    We have now got to think 22million in the prem aint no big deal....
    One thing for sure is that we need a premiership team to stand any chance of survival.

Too true Dave, apart from the heading bit. Let’s hope we continue to recruit and dispatch players in the same unsentimental and professional way.
    Whilst I totally appreciate the efforts of last season’s squad, they aren’t a Premier League squad.
    They were all signed to do one thing, and one thing only, to win promotion.

Thanks lads and here’s your promotion bonuses. Forever heroes, TTFN.

On Butland, well he’s better than what we have, best (English) keeper out there imo, better than that headless loony at Everton.

Still need a goalscorer, 2 mids and 2 CHs.

Jack Butland is coming.

But shhhh

You didn't hear it from me

Wheres Mings the Merciless????

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Wheres Mings the Merciless????
    In the Bahamas I think. It was never going to be a quick deal because of that matching clause. He will hopefully sign with us but probably in a few weeks. Maybe deadline day

Deadline day is 1st Sept, he will need a pre-season with us.
    Anyway, had a sneaky look on villa club store and MtM is modelling some of our retro kits, do you think a deal has already been struck?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)