+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 219 of 625 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Joe Lewis and Scott McKenna are the only Ayers who would walk straight into the Celtic team therefore what is your point?

They are not very good but still better than our players?

Ramblings, utter ramblings.
    Read your post again before accusing others of rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s great but it doesn’t really have anything to do with what I was saying. Quite an opening into how you view your club though, so it wasn’t a total waste.

I’m just saying nothing has to be sacrificed. It gets mentioned a lot & just a further extension of the mind numbing ‘remember McGhee?’ argument. I’d imagine someone like Steve Clarke could maintain current levels of consistency and have a better go at trying to beat Celtic.
    Well dodged, but it was very relevant.
    You want us to compete better against Celtic and don’t see that we should need to sacrifice our decent results against the rest.
    Maybe you just don’t like it so plainly put and can’t answer the question. Now that’s revealing.

Christ, dont add plain talking to your objective reality pish. The question was dodged because it wasn’t relevant. What I’m asking for could be achieved already by McInnes if only he wouldn’t sh1t the bed against them. You mentioned Sevco, not me. It was odd that you did

Christ, dont add plain talking to your objective reality pish. The question was dodged because it wasn’t relevant. What I’m asking for could be achieved already by McInnes if only he wouldn’t sh1t the bed against them. You mentioned Sevco, not me. It was odd that you did
    The question was dodges because it pointed out how absurd your expectations are.
    I mentioned OldCo, not SevCo only because they chased the dream and overspent which is in reality what it would take to meet your expectations.

So can you assess how much is required to chase your dream?

Interesting thread from Don_Corleone on the last 20 games v’s Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The question was dodges because it pointed out how absurd your expectations are.
    I mentioned OldCo, not SevCo only because they chased the dream and overspent which is in reality what it would take to meet your expectations.

So can you assess how much is required to chase your dream?

It’s an even more interesting thread with teams results against Celtic since Hollywood Teeth has been their boss.

Indeed. It highlights how sh1t we all are apart from the mighty all conquering Celtic but at least we are close to the top of the pile of sh1t so be thankful enough for that and don't wish for any better.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I do enjoy reading your posts Don, always well thought out but I disagree on a couple of points with this one...

To say we played with two up front is slightly disingenuous. Both May and Cosgrove played and for the latter part of the first half we even played them as a front two, although May's role was actually to drop on Brown during the opening period. It was working well, Celtic looked riddled with doubt and we were able to expose their weaknesses in the centre of defence by merely allowing Boyata time on the ball. Therefore, it seemed natural that we should attempt to continue that pattern in the second half but the conservative McInnes was tinkering at half-time and we ended up on the back foot. He lost his nerve tactically. Had we played two advanced I think we could have gave them a lot of questions to answer in the second-half.

Thus the "momentary lapses of concentration" were always going to happen in the second half. To set-up the way McInnes did in the second-half basically nullified us as forward going force and he put trust in a porous, weak Aberdeen defence. Is it wise to require Shay Logan, Andrew Considine and Dom Ball (and even McKenna) to remain fully focused for 45 minutes against a reasonable attack?

Both teams were weakest in defence (especially through the middle) and he should've attempted to exploit that more, but instead we had to rely onto debatable penalty decisions. When we attacked once 4-2 down, we scored...

If McInnes can't learn from his mistakes then he's taken us as far as he can. It's simply not acceptable just to hope to dig out a result against Celtic. He needs to use them as a benchmark and then find a way to beat them. To date, he's shown that he's incapable. We must measure ourselves against Celtic.

McInnes won't be sacked but I plead for him to do the honourable thing and stand down in the summer before things start to go tits up
    Glad someone enjoys reading them! haha

I can see your points - we played 2 strikers would probably have been a better way to phrase it, rather than 2 up front - yes, May was dropping deeper to sit on Brown when Celtic had possession, which as I said elsewhere, I thought was a sensible, logical tactic. I suppose he probably used a lot of energy doing that though and even when we were in possession he likely had one eye on Brown rather than being fully focussed on attacking.

I also agree that it would have been absolutely incredible if every player had managed to maintain 100% concentration for the full 90 mins. You get away with lapses against other teams, but not Celtic. We were punished, as we usually are against them.

I have bemoaned McInnes' approach against Celtic in the past, particularly a year or two ago, but have felt that in the last year we've gone into the games with a bit more belief and fight about us - the players aren't overawed.

I thought things were starting to go pear shaped at the beginning of this season, but things have turned around and we've got back into a level of consistency again, churning out the wins. I'm not ashamed to say that I like McInnes and the work he's done at the club - I do wonder whether he's maybe taken us as far as he can, but at the same time I also wonder whether anyone else would take us further. That's the big risk. He knows how to churn out wins consistently against pretty much everyone bar Celtic. Someone like Neil Lennon might have marginally better stats against Celtic, but has far worse stats against everyone else. Steve Clarke is probably the one who can provide the best of both worlds but I don't see him being a realistic target if McInnes did leave in the next year or so.

My expectations could be met by the current coach, if he wasn’t a shytebag. It’s clear that he’s exceeding yours.

My expectations could be met by the current coach, if he wasn’t a shytebag. It’s clear that he’s exceeding yours.
    Lol, so who’s the messiah to meet your expectations?

Lol, so who’s the messiah to meet your expectations?
    Asking that again? Seriously?

Page 219 of 625 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast