+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotherham United career looks over for Thorpe

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Disagree. Not handled very well. Thorpe was for me, exactly what we should be nurturing
    Can you please point out a performance that justifys this ?, He had chances and was dog **** most games and average in others

QPR away

I did not see that game but one game in a season is not enough. He's going so no point moaning about it till we see who's coming in. As for better than Wilson I agree with that cos he is dog **** as well. With Blackstock the worse signings we have ever made

"nurturing" is THE word !

The championship was nice.....and what a treat to see the quality out there...

BUT

We need that training ground more than anything now.....we've needed it for years so it has to be good - to grow "organically" - from the kids school of excellence.....12 - 18 year old teams playing in the Rotherham shirt and being supported in a professional way.

Out of those teams we'll find a few diamonds that love the club because it's been their family and by "nurturing" them!

2017 and still no foundations laid is bad business - but it ain't my money!

Is ilikecarling an appropriate user name? He didn't see this thread on the first page

warney lost the plot he doesn't want Tom Thorpe but wants to give blackstock a chance he's hopless.

Quote Originally Posted by bunjovi View Post
    warney lost the plot he doesn't want Tom Thorpe but wants to give blackstock a chance he's hopless.
    I think you'll find that Paul Warne would love to see Blackstock leave the club as quickly as possible.
    The person wanting to give him a chance is Paul Douglas in an attempt to justify the ludicrous 3 year contract he agreed for the so-called player.

Before Dex starts to show signs of his class - we need to play the appropriate football!

Only this weekend I've heard numerous quotes about multi-million pound players not performing due to inappropriate service.

His QPR and Forest days shows the type of player he is.....Anyone being fair on MM has not been over footballed this year have we ! ! ! NO...... and forwards suffer most!

The more I hear Warnsey the more I hear a YES man. And a yes man subtlety supported by the local press - particularly radio dee-dah....who are going too far now btw.

Warnsey's record has been atrocious - every half time we're out thought by other managers and ooops - "The lads gave me everything".

I think Warne will consider a players family being settled in the area and it would be an upheaval letting the player go !

EVO wouldn't.....Obviously just supposition but that's what comes across.....a kind man.....!

Can't get near to thinking like that in PRO-FOOTBALL !

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Apparently had a good season in L1 with Bolton, the league we will be struggling, sorry competing in next season, Yet Warne says no disrespect to the lad but he wouldn't be on my shopping list.

In other words the to quote Kempo, bag of nuts we can afford to offer him, he will find offensive and tell me to f@ck off.

Unfortunately all the signs, Warne getting the job and looking in non league for players shows we are skint!!!

We're going to try to hang on to Wardy, what a load of crap. £500'000 will buy him now and maybe even less.
    This ^ ^ ^ and dont expect anything good for a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think you'll find that Paul Warne would love to see Blackstock leave the club as quickly as possible.
    The person wanting to give him a chance is Paul Douglas in an attempt to justify the ludicrous 3 year contract he agreed for the so-called player.

Agree with this as well..maybe we are being constantly being told lies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12