+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Bryson in for Logan
    Vyner at right back.
    Bryson in to midfield
    Hedges will come in for Wilson too.
    I wouldn't risk Bryson in such a tough game. Ferguson in for Wilson and playing in the centre with Gallagher out to wide area. I'm assuming Ferguson's ban is only 1 game? If he's still out I think we may go the same but with Hedges in for Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Pretty good performance with a strange starting line up. Some nice goals too - great finishes for all of them.

I was thinking watching that if we might end up seeing Leigh playing in the defensive midfield position more often now. It allows McInnes to keep Considine in the team at LB, and gives us a bit more height, pace, energy and tackling ability in the central midfield area. I thought he looked pretty good there, probably as good, if not better, than the likes of Ferguson, Bryson and Ojo have been. Vyner I wasn't so convinced of, although he scored a nice goal.

Not sure what was up with Wilson - he started brightly, had a couple of good shots from outside the area, but after we went 1-0 up he was hardly seen in the opposition half again. I did notice a couple of times when we launched counter attacks that he didn't make a huge effort to get up in support - I don't know if he picked up an injury or just doesn't have the engine to play the position McInnes insists on playing him in.

Other thing I thought was odd was that we were 3-0 up and coasting and brought on Dean Campbell for McGinn. I'd have thought it would've been an ideal opportunity to have got Bruce Anderson on for a reasonable amount of time.

Will be very interesting to see how we set up against Celtic next week now. I'd suspect Ferguson at least will come back in, and would guess that Wilson will be out. It's not impossible that that could be a straight swap and the rest stays the same. Ferguson in the centre and Gallagher out wide, with Vyner and Leigh continuing in defensive midfield.
    Great result and good to see McGinn get his 80th goal for us.

Was also surprised that Leigh was playing in midfield but it seemed to work today.

McInnes does like a left back playing in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I wouldn't risk Bryson in such a tough game. Ferguson in for Wilson and playing in the centre with Gallagher out to wide area. I'm assuming Ferguson's ban is only 1 game? If he's still out I think we may go the same but with Hedges in for Wilson.
    Ferguson got a two game ban.
    He’s out.

Brexit is the big draw for me today so no idea how the Dons performed but by christ winning by three away from home is fantastic no matter how you do it.

Well done all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Humble pie for my tea tonight!

Great result & dominant performance.

Credit where it’s due.

Very pleasantly surprised.
    Haha - fair play RST for holding your hands up 😂

To be fair I don’t think any of us saw that coming but you can’t say anything but very well done to Del & the lads.

Didn’t see the first 10 mins as I was searching for a stream so missed the pen (well done Joe for saving it) but what I saw after that was pretty impressive all over the park.

My main takeaways were we generally kept the ball on the deck, actually strung some passes together and created chances due to this. We pressed higher up the park & used the channels & players breaking from midfield very well.

Pretty much everything we’ve been wanting them to do all season & they haven’t.

Yet folk wonder why the fans get pissed off - that’s what they can do with the right attitude & tactics.

They can all be very pleased with their efforts but a few special mentions:

Ballon D’or lead the line brilliantly. Great runs, hold up play, lay offs & an absolutely lovely finish for his goal. My only complaint remains for a big lad he goes down far too easy sometimes but I defy you to call him a Donkey today Blowupsheep.

Gallagher was really good. Bundles of energy as you’d expect but he supported that by making a lot of intelligent runs and passes which we haven’t seen often. As we tried to hit on the break his pace terrified them. Very good son.

Vyner & Leigh standouts for me though. Absolutely bossed the middle, pressed, harried, made themselves available to allow us to play the ball on the deck & got forward in support on the break brilliantly.

The best centre mid pairing we’ve had this season. Vyner’s strike an absolute screamer too.

Leigh shades MOTM for me though for his all round display - top notch son.

Defensive 4 were all very good too. Solid & didn’t allow Motherwell many chances at all.

God knows what Del will do for next week now. Me, I’d leave the starting team as is - doubt he will though.

However that’s for next week. Tonight I’m going to enjoy a great performance from a bunch of lads, several of whom were playing out of position but stepped up to the plate & delivered.

So take a bow lads - & more of the same every week please!!

It's obvious the return of Gleeson has boosted the boys

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

Ah well, that's another contract extension. The league is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    He didn’t put a foot wrong today to be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    He didn’t put a foot wrong today to be fair...
    A majestic 30 seconds

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast