+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing! .. For those hose who were there

As there now seems to be a bit of an anti neilson sentiment building on here who would the posters being critical of many aspects of his management see as his replacement. The last 4 incumbents all ended up being branded as clueless,useless & worse. A recurring theme in recent seasons has also been that anyone would do better than them with the money they had to spend. There also seems to be a point reached where the manager gets no credit for anything that goes well but he is to blame for everything bad. Who are the better players that we could sign that would

Sent last post incomplete. What players could we sign that would improve us? Also considering most of the managers in the top league are getting pelters from some of their supporters who on earth could we get in that would play in a way that would satisfy all our fans?

Satisfy 🙄🙄 brilliant.

What does that mean? I dont agree with the harsh criticism being aimed at the manager & genuinely would like to know what the alternatives would be to Neilson.

IMO, absolutely happy to get behind Robbie. I agree that he is prone to tinkering with the side on occasion and it sometimes seem to hamper us.

Overall though, he has done the business this season, and by some margin, as it stands.

The injury to Nicky Clarke is a big blow to the side. And we obviously have a few niggles elsewhere that need to be got over.

But we should get the likes of Appere and McMullan back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    As there now seems to be a bit of an anti neilson sentiment building on here who would the posters being critical of many aspects of his management see as his replacement. The last 4 incumbents all ended up being branded as clueless,useless & worse. A recurring theme in recent seasons has also been that anyone would do better than them with the money they had to spend. There also seems to be a point reached where the manager gets no credit for anything that goes well but he is to blame for everything bad. Who are the better players that we could sign that would
    i think its more frustration that anything else, frustration from playing his favorites i.e. connolly and pawlett. Strange formations and negative play.

Does anyone want rid of him, i dont think. Pissed off, aye, totally...

Certainly in my case the posts aren't anti Neilson. Care to clarify where there are anti Neilson? You seem to want everyone to say everything is fandabbydozy and stfup!

Sent last post incomplete. What players could we sign that would improve us? Also considering most of the managers in the top league are getting pelters from some of their supporters who on earth could we get in that would play in a way that would satisfy all our fans?
    Its not our fn job to identify transfer targets mate. Plus, no one is calling for Robbie to go, we're discussing why he doesn't learn.

I never said you were calling for a change in manager but you surely cant deny there is a definate anti neilson vibe developing. I dont understand when anyone says they think things are going ok that it automatically means they think everything is perfect or fandabbydozyOf course there have been poor games & we have scraped through some but we are currently in the first division with players that are here because they probably lack the consistency to perform at a top level week in week out. Some of them will probably improve with a move up the leagues & others wont make the grade. I just feel that some of the criticism is over the top. Lets get out of this league (hopefully) then we should see an upgrade in player with hopefully an improvement in quality & consistency of performance.

Don't want rid of him, just want him to stop ****ing about with personnel & tactics. Five different formations in almost as many weeks. Ditching players who are in-form to bring in his favourites, who have proven over an entire season that they are ****e. Moving in-form players out of position to accommodate others. I've said before, round pegs, round holes. It's not rocket science.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)