+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I being irrational here?

Yep as was noted often during the first half of this season and into January there were too many passengers on the pitch making mistakes, causing confidence to drop around them, or just people losing their heads. It was pretty clear early on what we needed and it wasn't put right - in fact as Joel says, a number of the issues were caused by ourselves selling better players and replacing them with inferiors (Cooper for Bartley, Weidwald for Green, Berardi for Taylor, etc).

We need quality in every position. As Prutton stated in the YEP article yesterday, one of our biggest problems in that is wages - unless we start paying the going rate for a top 6 championship team, we're not going to attract quality and will continue having to scrabble around for cheaper foreigners and young British up and coming players.

Sad but true - unless we pay players big, we'll get another season like this one and the last. Kind of puts into perspective what Monk did with what he had in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    the players of today are too soft , half of them wear gloves and woolly hats nowadays when it gets a bit nippy lol . and then five minutes later they are out for three games because they have pulled a muscle or broke a fingernail in training lol

players a few years ago trained in shirts and shorts , only thing they had on extra was a bib with their number or name on , bremner and charlton were having a pint, and a fag , and a game of dominoes ten minutes after training lol and they were, world class players at the time, and they were playing three games a week, for the best part of ten years on pitches that would be classed as unplayable nowadays. lol
    You just carry on living your life in the past LOL LOL LOL
    Notices in another of you recent doom ridden posts that you stated that even Revie's Leeds let you down too - constantly coming up short...

I am similar age to you pal lol lol lol and I watched the Revie team from '68 onwards - and if you think that they came up short you're living in the cloud cuckoo land that you accuse everyone else of living in LOL LOL LOL

SO Mr '63 [Who still didn't tell us if he ACTUALLY ever goes to ER anymore - or just wants to spread misery about as he used to in his former guise] you need to modify your expectations if you don't want to be so constantly disappointed in the pansy's that represent our club currently.

lol lol lol lol lol ha ha ha lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You just carry on living your life in the past LOL LOL LOL
    Notices in another of you recent doom ridden posts that you stated that even Revie's Leeds let you down too - constantly coming up short...

I am similar age to you pal lol lol lol and I watched the Revie team from '68 onwards - and if you think that they came up short you're living in the cloud cuckoo land that you accuse everyone else of living in LOL LOL LOL

SO Mr '63 [Who still didn't tell us if he ACTUALLY ever goes to ER anymore - or just wants to spread misery about as he used to in his former guise] you need to modify your expectations if you don't want to be so constantly disappointed in the pansy's that represent our club currently.

lol lol lol lol lol ha ha ha lol lol lol
    i stated that the revie side finished second or runners up far more times than they actually won anything , which is perfectly true .

4 fa cup finals lost 3

two major european finals lost them both .

5 times runners up in the league . im afraid the facts back my statement up , if you were going in 68 you would know these things .

you obviously must have been walking round with your eyes closed for the last fifty years, like the posts you make on here regarding this club lol, because this club have endured far more disappointments , than actually winning anything and that goes from the revie era up to the present day as well .

always the bridesmaid never the bride for the vast majority of our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    i stated that the revie side finished second or runners up far more times than they actually won anything , which is perfectly true .

4 fa cup finals lost 3

two major european finals lost them both .

5 times runners up in the league . im afraid the facts back my statement up , if you were going in 68 you would know these things .

you obviously must have been walking round with your eyes closed for the last fifty years, like the posts you make on here regarding this club lol, because this club have endured far more disappointments , than actually winning anything and that goes from the revie era up to the present day as well .

always the bridesmaid never the bride for the vast majority of our history.
    You monumemtal f00kwit 😠😠😠

Competing is what we expect, making opposition work do their win, if win they do.

I cried my eyes out when as a youngster I saw us get beat away from home against Burnley, but saw us win more often than not and FIGHT for every ball and every game. THAT'S what I and every supporter who goes to ER or away, or watches when they can't.

Are we there, no. Could we be, you get your are. Do I want promotion, not so sure. But do I expect every player to fight for every ball, bust a gut where they have to, YOU BETCHA!

You seem to think you're the only fan who wants more, who wants owners who seek success for the club because they love it like we Do, not just to make money, ARE YOU F00KING SERIOUS?????? EVERY Leeds fan wants that, I do, Tich does, Whitestimper does, Leeds FTW does, Rev does, WE ALL DO!!!

Sure we will all bitch at times and disagree as to how what we all want might be realised, but don't you EVER suggest that ANY of us want anything more than for Leeds United to be a team and a club we would walk through walls to support.

You make some good points, really you do, sometimes, but learn when to wind you neck in.

And no I'm not pi55ed and I do care about tomorrows result.

WTF you missed me out!!!!

Many have written this season off already which imo is ridiculous but each to their own on that

I still believe 6th is doable and then when we get 6th we have as much chance as 5th 4th and 3rd do of winning promotion, of which I believe we will win!

Once we win promotion, the club WILL invest to stay up, and when we are up, we will be able to gain points to stay up, there's only man City arsenal Chelsea spurs Liverpool and man utd that we might struggle against, but the other 13 teams will be as beatable as each other

BRING IT ON!!!

Cheated out of a couple of finals in Europe and cheated out of a league title and a double.

Don was one of the most successful managers around and we should have won more but as WTF rightly points out we were serious contenders in everything we entered..that will do for me

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    WTF you missed me out!!!!

Many have written this season off already which imo is ridiculous but each to their own on that

I still believe 6th is doable and then when we get 6th we have as much chance as 5th 4th and 3rd do of winning promotion, of which I believe we will win!

Once we win promotion, the club WILL invest to stay up, and when we are up, we will be able to gain points to stay up, there's only man City arsenal Chelsea spurs Liverpool and man utd that we might struggle against, but the other 13 teams will be as beatable as each other

BRING IT ON!!!
    Sorry Clive, youre.most definitely included!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You monumemtal f00kwit ������

Competing is what we expect, making opposition work do their win, if win they do.

I cried my eyes out when as a youngster I saw us get beat away from home against Burnley, but saw us win more often than not and FIGHT for every ball and every game. THAT'S what I and every supporter who goes to ER or away, or watches when they can't.

Are we there, no. Could we be, you get your are. Do I want promotion, not so sure. But do I expect every player to fight for every ball, bust a gut where they have to, YOU BETCHA!

You seem to think you're the only fan who wants more, who wants owners who seek success for the club because they love it like we Do, not just to make money, ARE YOU F00KING SERIOUS?????? EVERY Leeds fan wants that, I do, Tich does, Whitestimper does, Leeds FTW does, Rev does, WE ALL DO!!!

Sure we will all bitch at times and disagree as to how what we all want might be realised, but don't you EVER suggest that ANY of us want anything more than for Leeds United to be a team and a club we would walk through walls to support.

You make some good points, really you do, sometimes, but learn when to wind you neck in.

And no I'm not pi55ed and I do care about tomorrows result.
    your not sure if you want promotion lol, well you can be sure, you wont be disappointed on that score once again . lol

we are not talking about fighting or what it takes to get back up, because they are incapable on that score as well , and the owner is certainly not going to bust a gut or the bank either for this club to compete at an higher level , winning tomorrow means nothing because the season is over the damage was done weeks ago , it just takes fans like you a lot longer to realise it more than others do.

the post if you read it correctly , is about the fact leeds have finished second or runners up far more times than actually winning anything , which is perfectly true or cant you stomach that fact either . lol

you have obviously had one sweet sherry too many , because you are normally tucked up in your cot by now. lol
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 18-02-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Cheers WTF!

Marley do you have a problem with folk on here just coz their opinions differ to yours?

Surely you of all people on here realise that everyone has a different perception on what has happened at Leeds united over the years, none of us are right or wrong, the one fact is that most of us agree on is that leeds united is an awesome club, no matter what division they're in, no matter who owns them, who manages or coaches them, or who plays for them, it's the Fans who make our club great and that then breeds into the club itself, in all the time we've been out of the Premier league, this is probably the best state the club has been in, it's far bloody better than when we languished in the bottom half for several seasons, we have a few top championship players, we have a few from our academy, and then those in between, I for one see the better side of our club, coz if was to just see the negatives I'd need to be put in an insane asylum by now, we ain't that far off from the teams above, there's no way Cardiff Bristol redSheffield Preston etc are better clubs than ours, their current high positions are false and probably won't last.

By all means marley, say I'm wrong, say everyone else on here are wrong, tell us you are correct, you just might find different we won't all always agree with you!

Minus that final different, stupid predictive text

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)