+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chadli to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Don't think that at all mate. I was just replying to the point that you should support anyone connected with the club. Which doesn't always work.
    And no I don't like Pulis and his methods and I think if we are all honest none of us did when he was at Stoke. I don't speak for the majority but quite a few said they wouldn't pay to watch that Stoke team every week. Now all of a sudden everyone is happy we're playing like it.
    My biggest problem with his methods while at Stoke has always been they were generally enough to see us off.

Absolute truth is that I always respected him as a boss who essentially said:

'Right, this us, what the fk are you going to do about it'?

It was the responsibility of our transient caretakers to work out a formula to overcome his seemingly simplistic set up.

Those caretakers nearly always fell flat on their faces.

Generally speaking I experienced more frustration with our inability to beat his sides than I ever did with his approach to games against the Albion.

I for one never said I wouldn't pay to watch Stoke every week due to 'style', but then I wouldn't pay to watch Stoke every week because they're not the Albion .

Would I prefer a more imaginative and progressive approach to our play? Definitely.

However I've always respected the results he has been 'lucky' enough to accrue over the years, and as I support the Albion I'll be there to see his methods until either he leaves or my finances dictate that I cannot.

If others choose otherwise then I fully respect their decision.

COYB .

No the bottom line is. They don't have to play that way.
    No i'll go mate and i'll say if we play rubbish win,lose or draw.
    So you speak for the majority now do you ? I don't think so.
    Almost every single post you use the words Bournemouth or Sunderland or Defoe. I know how football works and the money behind it. Do you think i'm stupid ?
    That's no excuse for parking the bus against Middlesbrough both times.

Now address the point of us having bottom three form since January (not March). Unable to score or keep a clean sheet. Then convince me Pulis will get us to mid table.

I don't speak for anybody but myself. Funny though, when we were going through the excellent run - the MAJORITY were singing Pulis' name from the rooftops and singing Europe here we come. The run was never going to last as it doesn't with any team and we missed Philips. Strange then - all the Pulis knockers come back out of the woodwork with some kind of thrill about doing it!

Get your facts right as well - I was at Middlesbrough with the other 400 or so supporters on that night game and we attacked them and was so unlucky not to win and it was a combination of bad luck and poor finishing, that we didn't win. Perhaps you are getting mixed up with Sunderland away ( just up the road as such ) - then again we should have won that one too ( I was also there ) and it was a poor conceded goal in the last five minutes. Even then we still should have scored the winner after that and guess who missed it? Perhaps, Pulis should put his boots on too!
    Last edited by baggieal; 13-07-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I don't speak for anybody but myself. Funny though, when we were going through the excellent run - the MAJORITY were singing Pulis' name from the rooftops and singing Europe here we come. The run was never going to last as it doesn't with any team and we missed Philips. Strange then - all the Pulis knockers come back out of the woodwork with some kind of thrill about doing it!

Get your facts right as well - I was at Middlesbrough with the other 400 or so supporters on that night game and we attacked them and was so unlucky not to win and it was a combination of bad luck and poor finishing, that we didn't win. Perhaps you are getting mixed up with Sunderland away ( just up the road as such ) - then again we should have won that one too ( I was also there ) and it was a poor conceded goal in the last five minutes. Even then we still should have scored the winner after that and guess who missed it? Perhaps, Pulis should put his boots on too!
    Sorry mate my mistake it was scintillating football against two of the worst teams in the league. Of course the Europe chants were never tongue in cheek were they ? Strange how you mention that chant but omit the "We've got the ball" chant.
    I was never in the woodwork mate and was knocking him before we signed Phillips.
    Oh by the way you mentioned Sunderland in another post. You did however forget Bournemouth.

Sorry mate my mistake it was scintillating football against two of the worst teams in the league. Of course the Europe chants were never tongue in cheek were they ? Strange how you mention that chant but omit the "We've got the ball" chant.
    I was never in the woodwork mate and was knocking him before we signed Phillips.
    Oh by the way you mentioned Sunderland in another post. You did however forget Bournemouth.

Were Man Utd exciting last year? They were boring and dour - ask any Man Utd supporters but Jose is a bit like Pulis in that he will play to get the points with the squad he has to play with. Perhaps the introduction of a player ( half the assets of West Brom FC ) will make them a bit ***ier on the eye this year!

Sorry, I forgot - the club who have owners twice as ambitious as West Brom - a club who spend big money - don't quibble at paying huge salaries - yes you have guessed it - Bournemouth!

PS - I forgot - it's the fault of Pulis that he's not got his own personal cheque book out! Without no disrespect, the owner Lai must be laughing his tits off with people like you blaming Pulis. Great owner business model - inject peanuts to stay at the top and the supporters take aim at a paid employee, and not the good old owner or Board themselves. I would love to find the same business model spend peanuts - rake in big profits and everyone blames my paid employed managers rather than me! HELP find me this business model!!! Mick are you like Lai - sit on your fat arse - rake in the profits with little outlay and let one of your managers take the crap?

Thing is there are 2 types f fan nowadays: the one who wants to stay in the top flight and backs the Pulis way and the one who wants to see good football. The 2 will never agree.
    The board doesn't spend enough....fact.
    Pulis picks very defensive teams.....fact.
    The two will meld together this season and unless the squad is added to or by a miracle we bring in youngsters who excel, we will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Thing is there are 2 types f fan nowadays: the one who wants to stay in the top flight and backs the Pulis way and the one who wants to see good football. The 2 will never agree.
    The board doesn't spend enough....fact.
    Pulis picks very defensive teams.....fact.
    The two will meld together this season and unless the squad is added to or by a miracle we bring in youngsters who excel, we will be relegated.
    Exactly right- perfect storm!!! Our board seems incapable of facing up to the inflationary demands of transfers.
    You gotta pay to play in the Premiership
    I've got a worse scenario- TP jacks it in- saves " never relegated" tag
    I think we will be relegated with or without TP - just sooner without him
    I've taken some comfort from this habitual close season shambles
    Bet on @ 6-1 for relegation
    PS just what does Hammond contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Exactly right- perfect storm!!! Our board seems incapable of facing up to the inflationary demands of transfers.
    You gotta pay to play in the Premiership
    I've got a worse scenario- TP jacks it in- saves " never relegated" tag
    I think we will be relegated with or without TP - just sooner without him
    I've taken some comfort from this habitual close season shambles
    Bet on @ 6-1 for relegation
    PS just what does Hammond contribute?
    Hammond has worked with his team for the whole season on recruitment identifying players which they identified last year.

Hammond has worked with his team for the whole season on recruitment identifying players which they identified last year.
    There's a very good chance that Hammond and his team will be on their way out of the door soon.

I'd imagine they're in danger of being sent down for stalking.

Crikey, imagine being monitored by our scouting department and that little fkr springs out from your bowl of cornflakes with a pair of binoculars .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9XhlbESUI

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    There's a very good chance that Hammond and his team will be on their way out of the door soon.

I'd imagine they're in danger of being sent down for stalking.

Crikey, imagine being monitored by our scouting department and that little fkr springs out from your bowl of cornflakes with a pair of binoculars .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9XhlbESUI
    "sent down for stalking" Ha Ha Brilliant. I'd imagine Hull City were sick of the sight of them last season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)