+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow FC 16.11.19

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is a shyte manager who hasn't the guts to drop his favourites. With the players we have we should be streaking this crap League..We need Steve Cotterill to get this team winning games .
    I wouldn't go as far as "we should be streaking this crap League", but I definitely think Ardley is holding this squad back with his managerial incompetence in the same way McParland was undoubtedly wasting the Munto squad. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction after a bad defeat, it's an opinion I've held all season. Barrow showed up our tactical limitations today, because they were the exact opposite of us. Two or three quick passes and they were in on goal, whereas we took ages to build an attack. The constant sideways and backwards passing may keep possession, but we are so slow to get the ball forward that opposing defenders have ample time to mark our forwards. We were so toothless I think I could have played in goal for them and kept a clean sheet.

Well one thing is for certain, the usual posters will be (are) back, and there will be ten times as many posts tonight as when we win!

I felt confident in pre season that if we managed to keep hold of Rose he'd be one of the better midfielders in this league based on his performances last season but he's been a massive dissapointment, nothing like the player he was last year. Even when we've played well and got decent results he's usually been a negative during the game but has been carried by people around him.

I'm not one of the fans that think Tootle should be in the team but if we're paying his wages and Ardley is going to keep refusing to acknowledge anyone else that can play in the middle instead of Doyle and Rose then Tootle does actually have experience playing centre mid, he used to play there for Crewe and at this point I think it'd be worth giving Neil Cox a run out in the middle to see if he's an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as "we should be streaking this crap League", but I definitely think Ardley is holding this squad back with his managerial incompetence in the same way McParland was undoubtedly wasting the Munto squad. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction after a bad defeat, it's an opinion I've held all season. Barrow showed up our tactical limitations today, because they were the exact opposite of us. Two or three quick passes and they were in on goal, whereas we took ages to build an attack. The constant sideways and backwards passing may keep possession, but we are so slow to get the ball forward that opposing defenders have ample time to mark our forwards. We were so toothless I think I could have played in goal for them and kept a clean sheet.
    Two or three passes, it took only one from Enzio.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I felt confident in pre season that if we managed to keep hold of Rose he'd be one of the better midfielders in this league based on his performances last season but he's been a massive dissapointment, nothing like the player he was last year. Even when we've played well and got decent results he's usually been a negative during the game but has been carried by people around him.

I'm not one of the fans that think Tootle should be in the team but if we're paying his wages and Ardley is going to keep refusing to acknowledge anyone else that can play in the middle instead of Doyle and Rose then Tootle does actually have experience playing centre mid, he used to play there for Crewe and at this point I think it'd be worth giving Neil Cox a run out in the middle to see if he's an improvement.
    Spot on regarding Rose.

Bloody hell. That was my first game in 18 months and quite possibly one of the worst. No passion, no skill, no game plan other than to piss about in our half and play ourselves into trouble.

Ardley needs to realise that we don't have the players to play the type of slow, possession football he seems to want, nor are we in the right league to try and play that way.

Our midfield was awful. What the hell has happened to Rose? No real positives to take from that. Ardley back under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Bloody hell. That was my first game in 18 months and quite possibly one of the worst. No passion, no skill, no game plan other than to piss about in our half and play ourselves into trouble.

Ardley needs to realise that we don't have the players to play the type of slow, possession football he seems to want, nor are we in the right league to try and play that way.
    To say you've only seen one game, that's a really good summary.

We need to drop Rose and get Osbourne in instead of Shields. I wouldn't even mind seeing Crawford in middle or Booty.

I'm undecided as to whether Ardley is the right manager still but I'd stick with him. We need to play at a much quicker tempo though, other teams can do it why can't we? I'm not really bothered about the FA Cup so anything there will be a bonus, I just want to get out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Rose doesn't telegraph a pass, he sends a letter.
    Which is still faster than an Ardley attacking move.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Our midfield was awful. What the hell has happened to Rose? No real positives to take from that. Ardley back under pressure.
    "That was my first game in 18 months and quite possibly one of the worst "What was your 2nd?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast