+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 14.10.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Agree it was good stuff from Mansfailed. As King Luke said in his post match interview we need more exposure to playing teams like that and in the incoming weeks they will come for us. Can't see Stags outside of top 3 given games they have already played. Maybe after all the money spent and years and years of constant failure you will finally get out of the division. Must have been difficult for you
    With respect mansfield have barely been in the top 3 this season, often teams nearer the top struggle against teams near the bottom, so we will see how Mansfield get on , i am not convinced, as they draw to many, and just got the luck on the day against a team they always seem to do well against

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Excuse me for sounding full of it, but it was all because of how we forced our game plan on you. To be able to sustain the press and have the character to implement it so effectively after going behind early, was highly impressive by Stags. I'm not sure it mattered what mentality or level of quality or desire Notts brought today. Mansfield, on our game, are just better. Sorry.
    Another thing -we have alaways been a bigger club than mansfield - we have played at the highrst level - something you will never do- and we have spent time in the top 2 tiers
    How long has it taken Mansfield to get promoted to league 1 , bet we will do it sooner
    And the maximum level for Mansfield is mid league 1, you will never go much beyond that, you dont have the fanbase or the owners to do it, but we do, so enjoy your temporary victory

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Another thing -we have alaways been a bigger club than mansfield - we have played at the highrst level - something you will never do- and we have spent time in the top 2 tiers
    How long has it taken Mansfield to get promoted to league 1 , bet we will do it sooner
    And the maximum level for Mansfield is mid league 1, you will never go much beyond that, you dont have the fanbase or the owners to do it, but we do, so enjoy your temporary victory
    Your the type of notts fan that makes stags victory that much sweeter ,so far up your own backside ,living in the past most on here are fair and decent but your just a bitter loser

Course you are going to be full off it - i dont blame you -all fans enjoy days like this
    For whatever reason Mansfield are a bogey team for us- and we had 2 of our best players missing and Bostock went off when it was still 1-1
    mansfield just got lucky on the 2 set pieces that credited them with a healthy win , even your own supporters on their forum admitted the ball had dropped kindly for them in both halves
    You will lose soon prob to a team in the bottom half,
    Don't they say you make your own luck.! Or the harder I practice the luckier I get !!?

disappointing but not super surprising sadly. Mansfield have been a borderline bogey team for us for yonks, and we defo looked off the boil last week.

I think NC probably won the game tactically, but the question from Notts pov is how do we more consistantly keep the tempo that makes us unbeatable.

Agree with the posters above that we're looking a bit sluggish and whether overtraining is an issue. I mentioned it before about AN and DC, some statto will probably prove me wrong, but we often seem to be far less sparkly in the second halves of games

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    The biggest issue for me is the fact that we’ve seen it coming. How many times will posters have to keep typing “ we all know about our defensive issues” or “our defensive frailties “?
    Not a knee jerk reaction, but the lack of a plan B is a worry. Week in, week out, our defence always looks frail. So change it! Move to a flatter back 4 if needed. Do something to alleviate the pressure we regularly put ourselves under.

We’ve learnt to accept the passing back routine, but for christs sake, “our defence has mistakes in ‘em” is another regular.

Honestly think Cameron wouldn’t have made any difference at all today. In fact, I’d go as far as to say he would have made it worse. Rawlinson was probably the only man who came out of the game with a shred of dignity. He looked strong, he looked incisive with his passes and, most importantly, he moved the ball forwards when he had grass in front of him.
    Brindley and Baldwin were so willing to keep the little triangles going and invite pressure they couldn’t deal with. Thought Baldwin made some great tackles today, but he embarrasses himself moaning about lack of options and forgets he’s got the bloody ball at his feet!

Everyone acknowledges LW did a fantastic job last season and has galvanised the club, but on a few occasions this season, I’m putting the blame at his door. Training should be designed to iron out errors. Formations should be able to change when needed. Substitutions should change the game.
    If none of the above is happening, then we’re likely to keep conceding by large margins.

Yes, when we’re on it, we cut through teams like a knife, but we also spend large parts of games going backwards.

Sometimes the old stuff works. Ask Mansfield about their corner routines…compared to our short corner every time and it invariably going back to the half way or even deeper,

The small squad routine and siege mentality hasn’t helped. We need a better balance of recruitment and a big heading on the sheet of paper…
    Must be tall, physically imposing and competitive…
    Sums it up well for me, good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    disappointing but not super surprising sadly. Mansfield have been a borderline bogey team for us for yonks, and we defo looked off the boil last week.

I think NC probably won the game tactically, but the question from Notts pov is how do we more consistantly keep the tempo that makes us unbeatable.

Agree with the posters above that we're looking a bit sluggish and whether overtraining is an issue. I mentioned it before about AN and DC, some statto will probably prove me wrong, but we often seem to be far less sparkly in the second halves of games
    Consistently inconsistent seems to sum us up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    They could be tired if they are being worked too hard in training. Also perhaps because we ha a very small squad. 6 injuries is starting to make me wonder.
    And you have what evidence for that?

Those grapes seem very sour today.

I don't want to pee on your potatoes Davy but the last time we were in the championship I was smoking a bong pipe at Uni. been a while!

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast