+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Terry

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    He is the best centre half in the division but for how many games, could you see him playing twice in a week?

I'm not sure FL would want JT in as his sidekick could prove too much of a hindrance than a help.

If the appointment includes a sidekick/mentor role we must get the balance right - Glenn Hoddle would do nicely.
    Lampard/Hoddle, sounds a good shout that Manx.

All the supposed in the know talk is of Jody Morris being the Robin to Lamps's Batman

This is all gonna end up in a plane crash you see!

For the record and before thickytree pops over and insists we all wanted lampard in when it all goes wrong, I DO NOT WANT LAMPARD AS MANAGER!

There I've said it

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All the supposed in the know talk is of Jody Morris being the Robin to Lamps's Batman
    Was me that said that ‘Amster...along with the alleged and surprising Joe Jordan link...but I’m far from ‘in the know’.

Respect your view Stenson...but why such strong opposition?

How good would it be to have Terry on the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    How good would it be to have Terry on the bench!
    He’ll be 38 by Christmas so, imo...not very. Sorry, don’t share your excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Was me that said that ‘Amster...along with the alleged and surprising Joe Jordan link...but I’m far from ‘in the know’.

Respect your view Stenson...but why such strong opposition?
    Because he's inexperienced and not what we need right now, IF we had billionaire asian owners who could make life easier for him by giving him a decent war chest then my view would be slightly different, with the predicament we seem to have got ourselves in an inexperienced manager who's never actually managed and shouldn't be referred to as a 'manager' just yet coupled with having no money for him to strengthen I think is a bridge too far, thats for any manager let alone someone learning his trade and I know you need to manage to gain experience but he needs to earn his stripes in the lower leagues first IMO

Having said that if MM decides its worth the gamble then Lamps will have my support and just hope and pray we don't get relegated, also i think this coming season is forests best chance of finishing above us. Our season might be over by christmas so we can all lay back and concentrate on watching forest fail to either get near the play offs or even finish above us

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Because he's inexperienced and not what we need right now, IF we had billionaire asian owners who could make life easier for him by giving him a decent war chest then my view would be slightly different, with the predicament we seem to have got ourselves in an inexperienced manager who's never actually managed and shouldn't be referred to as a 'manager' just yet coupled with having no money for him to strengthen I think is a bridge too far, thats for any manager let alone someone learning his trade and I know you need to manage to gain experience but he needs to earn his stripes in the lower leagues first IMO

Having said that if MM decides its worth the gamble then Lamps will have my support and just hope and pray we don't get relegated, also i think this coming season is forests best chance of finishing above us. Our season might be over by christmas so we can all lay back and concentrate on watching forest fail to either get near the play offs or even finish above us
    Understand you wanting experience and obviously a bigger ‘war chest’ would benefit any new manager, experienced or otherwise.
    Having said that, Brian Clough only had two seasons at Hartlepool and Dave McKay a season at Swindon and one with Forest...so just the one really.
    Did that ‘experience’ really make so much difference and did McClaren, Pearson and Rowett benefit us with all their experience?
    Would have thought that with all his football experience, probable contacts and intelligence we could do a lot worse.
    I believe it’s virtually a done deal anyway but out of Dean Smith, Martin O’Neill, Paul Cook, Mick McCarthy or Lampard himself, who would you prefer?

If that Q is open to anyone, O'Neill

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Lamps was a footballer rather than a thug of a centre half. Lamps is intelligent. Lamps is articulate. JT ill always be 2nd fiddle to Lamps IMO.
    You explained my point exactly. Given his character can you see him undermining Lamps?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)