+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Correct about the McVie thing, first bassist was Bob Brunning because Mcvie wanted to stay in his current gig. Nice Schteve analogy.
    Right, I'm out of this thread for a few hours, can't help feeling I'm turning into DerbyDaDream
    Nah...you’re good on music and football. Just a bit dodgy on the political front.

I hate to admit this in front of the obviously more ‘hardcore’ RR...but I quite liked the later reincarnation of Fleetwood Mac.
    Different obviously...but ‘bland and MOR’ seems a tad harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Good call re Eric although I prefer the Pogues cover - so, call me a heathen
    Can't be a heathen for mentioning The Pogues.

I'm still in Hong Kong and last song I heard tonight was Chic - everybody dance

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nah...you’re good on music and football. Just a bit dodgy on the political front.

I hate to admit this in front of the obviously more ‘hardcore’ RR...but I quite liked the later reincarnation of Fleetwood Mac.
    Different obviously...but ‘bland and MOR’ seems a tad harsh.
    I like both versions, but gimme the blues any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I like both versions, but gimme the blues any day.
    What? You support Chelsea!

Or is he on about the 'blue pill'!! Not that I know much about them of course.

you are so far gone that even the blue pills dont work, eh?

Song of the day for me:

In my dreams - REO Speedwagon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXOQFJCtvc

Notable mentions:

I will always love you - Whitney Houston

Da Doo Ron Ron - Shaun Cassidy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1nTfgUbW48

The idea for this thread is for us to share whatever musical experiences we have and the songs we listen to.
    It's hoped that this thread will go on and on and on,,,,,

1983 was a rather odd year, where the universally acclaimed top song (s) did not win Song of the Year. It went instead to The Police's 'Every Breath You Take.'
    The reason being that the 2 top songs, 'Beat It' and 'Billie Jean' were both so good, that it ate into each other's votes thus allowing The Police's win. Although it must be said that the latter in itself was a superb song. But 1983 was Michael Jackson's year and he did win Album of the Year with Thriller.

In the movie industry a similar incident occurred in 1990, where 2 excellent movies, The Godfather III and Goodfellas both took enough votes from each other and thus propelled Dances with Wolves into the Best Picture category.

1983 I was only 12 just getting into music I remember Big Log Robert Plant Hold me now Thompson Twins New England Billy Bragg. Mad World Tears for Fears Never really liked 80s music to much Culture Club Police Duran Duran and Wham "yuk " I like all music but particular into rock nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    you are so far gone that even the blue pills dont work, eh?
    Even dynamite won't help nowadays RR!!

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)