+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant next ?

At least Everton are an honourable club letting Rowell stop at florist .I'm sure florist would be shouting foul if he was recalled and the red rag would be giving we have Everton hats free we every edition .Shame on florist !

Good point nice and clean..maybe KN should ask Big Sam to give them a taste of there own medicine.😂😂😂😂

[QUOTE=sidders;38758877
    Like the man said higher up this fred - that's business. It also shows the importance of having legally witnessed paperwork as to the details of any deal. If Yates & Grant were only at Meadow Lane on the say so of Warburton I would be amazed and it would speak out loud about the way Forest is run as a club.
    It's done. Let's learn from the lesson, make a more reliable loan to fill in the gaps and move on.[/QUOTE]

What bit of the loan system don't you understand Sidders? I'm sure folk here will be glad to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Contractually binding loans? Impossible! You've got a transfer window..any injuries or long term suspensions before or after..the parent clubs only option then is to recall loans.

Not the case here but that's the reason it's not done that way.
    'Contract' is your word, not mine. If money is changing hands in order to facilitate a loan then surely legalities must be involved somewhere along the line, (for example, an agreement that a minimum time will be given before a loan is recalled).

I think there will be something in writing and AH may get a part refund..if money was exchanged.

The point is..100% commitment to a loan for a set period with no chance of a u turn would kill the loan market.

At the end of the day if Forest need to buy new players and they can get £500k for Grant then I don't see the problem.

Some are getting mad because we sit in second place i'm sure we are aware the chances of Yates & Grant going are high so hopefully we have a few players lined up which going by Fletcher and Hardy tweets seems likely.

They have done us a favour and we have done them a favour its that simple....If Forest have a few more gems we should take them if possible its not about us and them its what suits US that matters.

Surely Grant himself has a say in this, Bradford? for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    I think there will be something in writing and AH may get a part refund..if money was exchanged.

The point is..100% commitment to a loan for a set period with no chance of a u turn would kill the loan market.
    You see loans with no recall clauses put in with bigger clubs though, Chelsea have do it regulardly with Crespo, Salah, Cuadrado & Veron all going to Italy for longer than a season and usually with no recall clauses in the deal. I think Thibaut Courtois' loan deal probably didn't have a recall clause in it either otherwise Chelsea probably would have used it to prevent him playing against them that time in the Champions League when UEFA had to get involved.

I'd imagine it's whenever there is a "Loan fee" you can stipulate that there is no possibility to recall the player as you're effectively buying the player for that set length of time.

We should be thankful this is happening early in the window as if it happened on deadline day or something we'd be ****ed.

It’s different with the likes of Chelsea. They use the loan system as part of there business model. They signed Bamford knowing almost certainly he wouldn’t play for Chelsea. They loan him out at a fee and profit from it.

It's light years away from our situation..millions are exchanged at that level for that privilege..as well as lender clubs having squads of 50+ internationals to absorb any eventuality.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast