+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ❎Fans' Player of the Season voting now open

"He doesn't need many touches. He is like a shadow for 85 minutes and touches the ball once and it is a goal. When we have that special player in attack it makes us feel more comfortable at the back"

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "He doesn't need many touches. He is like a shadow for 85 minutes and touches the ball once and it is a goal. When we have that special player in attack it makes us feel more comfortable at the back"
    The alternative to Macca is Cedwyn Scott, the alternative to Matty Palmer is…was…..Ed Francis! Who is more indispensable?!

It is a good quote Laddo, I’m sure there are similar, and in greater number, for Mr 8/10!

The quote is from Bernardo Silva last night about the Premier League Macaulay Langstaff, so I seriously doubt it. But thought it very much applied to Macca too.

No Palmer, I would replace him with Bostock. He's the obvious alternative.

No Langstaff, I would replace him with Scott. How many goals in that scenario would Scott get? Hmmmmmm

After Mr 8/10 rightly won it last season I'm sure he will be very happy with a runners up spot.

The quote is from Bernardo Silva last night about the Premier League Macaulay Langstaff, so I seriously doubt it. But thought it very much applied to Macca too.

No Palmer, I would replace him with Bostock. He's the obvious alternative.

No Langstaff, I would replace him with Scott. How many goals in that scenario would Scott get? Hmmmmmm

After Mr 8/10 rightly won it last season I'm sure he will be very happy with a runners up spot.
    Fair play….I agree, that could apply to Macca too! Bostock would’ve been the obvious alternative, but with him only arriving later on in the season and taking until now-ish to show his true ability I dont think he could be counted as a real alternative.

How many goals would Scott get? Just checked the Google and he has got 14 goals from 34 playing mainly from the bench and out of position. Goals per game ratio of 0.74, so even at that rate, not even playing as a lone striker you are looking at 34 goals!

Good point, a little Francis, a little Vinny(?), A little Bostock. Although if no Palmer at the start of the season we all know #radar would have found a replacement a long time before JB arrived and I bet my bottom dollar he would be an upgrade on Francis

14 in 34 is not 0.74 goals per game by my simple calculations. So we should ignore the suggested predicted 34 goals.

You are probably a lot better looking at his goals per minute.

Palmer is class and Ruben our best player for me, but you can’t score 40+ goals and not get player of the season. It’s got to be Langstaff.

Particularly as the other two contenders have already got one.

Good point, a little Francis, a little Vinny(?), A little Bostock. Although if no Palmer at the start of the season we all know #radar would have found a replacement a long time before JB arrived and I bet my bottom dollar he would be an upgrade on Francis

14 in 34 is not 0.74 goals per game by my simple calculations. So we should ignore the suggested predicted 34 goals.

You are probably a lot better looking at his goals per minute.
    Yep….incorrect info there. Still, 14 in 34….what’s that, 1 in every 2.4 games from the bench and out of position? As a striker starting every game you’d be forgiven to assume he’d be pushing 30 goals in this side I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Fair play….I agree, that could apply to Macca too! Bostock would’ve been the obvious alternative, but with him only arriving later on in the season and taking until now-ish to show his true ability I dont think he could be counted as a real alternative.

How many goals would Scott get? Just checked the Google and he has got 14 goals from 34 playing mainly from the bench and out of position. Goals per game ratio of 0.74, so even at that rate, not even playing as a lone striker you are looking at 34 goals!
    There is a strong possibility that we will find out about Scott has the lone striker or maybe Morias
    Around about Christmas I thought Cedwyn could replace Macca and probably better than him because of his physicality but the goals Macca has scored over the last 3/4 months have been sublime probably the one at Chesterfield being the best.
    I think Scott would probably be a mix between Wootton and Longstaff probably more involved but wouldn’t score as many goals
    Last edited by Proactive not Reactive; 20-04-2023 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yep….incorrect info there. Still, 14 in 34….what’s that, 1 in every 2.4 games from the bench and out of position? As a striker starting every game you’d be forgiven to assume he’d be pushing 30 goals in this side I reckon.
    Yup pushing 30 goals, RR would probably take up the slack

Getting close to 30 for any striker is absolutely superb, and at Notts a rarity. Deserving of the player of the year award most seasons. That's nearly 30, now we are talking over 40. Different ball game, record breaking for both the club and the National League.

Marvellous

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Palmer is class and Ruben our best player for me, but you can’t score 40+ goals and not get player of the season. It’s got to be Langstaff.

Particularly as the other two contenders have already got one.
    I missed this. End the debate, the 'oracle' has spoken.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast