Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
Jumping the gun a bit there. I originally thought Ferguson was never meant to step into the first team but from what I've heard that was one of the reasons he came to us.

I never said he was setting the heather alight either, he clearly is. I'm talking about the ones you mentioned that are already at the club.

I'm also aware that Campbell isn't actually 14 but he's not going to have the same attitude as Ferguson. I think he's going to be a cracking player but not the same as Ferguson.

We can't play Ferguson and Campbell at the heart of the midfield immediately. Maybe not even next year either. Weren't you the one going on about burn out?

We need someone experienced to take over from Shinnie. Preferably not a LB. Although we do need one of those.
I agree that Ferguson and Campbell as the mainstay of the midfield is not an immediate likely scenario, but not impossible for the odd game.
They should be good enough to be pitched in together for the Scottish Cup game for example.
My point about Campbell was that youth can be a way to fill gaps of those leaving.
If he were to to be planned to feature more next year (2 windows) or even the year after (4 windows), its part of succession planning.

I think too many are writing off the other players, Gleeson for example has shown enough about him to suggest he could step in alongside Ferguson in midfield were Shinnie to leave this window.

Ball has shown decent cover and whilst forrester is further down the list, I'm still willing to see if he can come good.