+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh so quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I disagree. It’s a disgrace the new lads haven’t taken to Twitter to explain the total cock up with the online ticketing system.

Because it wouldn’t accept Visa my missus had to pay for our tickets. And she doesn’t even go. Hahaha.
    Ahh....so it wasn't just me then? The website wouldn't let me buy a ticket online with my Visa Debit card so had to put it on my credit card. Was there a problem with the ticketing system then? If so I completely missed that...

I’ve always been a firm believer that the best owners/custodians should not be seen and not heard, just like good referees.

Their role and job is the custodian and owners and running of the club. There is no reason for them to be in the limelight, making noises from the rooftops, promises of this and that, and being ever present on social media. There needs to be that separation and distance in some respects such that they can make sound decisions in the best interests of the club and remain focussed on the job in hand. That’s the professional way. I find it refreshing.

This leaves the focus and limelight to be concentrated where it should be and that’s on the games, the players and the manager.

Long may this continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterMagpie View Post
    Ahh....so it wasn't just me then? The website wouldn't let me buy a ticket online with my Visa Debit card so had to put it on my credit card. Was there a problem with the ticketing system then? If so I completely missed that...
    Yep, wouldn’t take Visa. Hopefully they’ve got it sorted as I imagine it would have cost a few sales.

While the new owners low profile is to be welcomed, I hope it’s not reflected in marketing, ticket offers and in the all round promotion of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep, wouldn’t take Visa. Hopefully they’ve got it sorted as I imagine it would have cost a few sales.

While the new owners low profile is to be welcomed, I hope it’s not reflected in marketing, ticket offers and in the all round promotion of the club.
    I have had the same problem when I ordered the home shirt using Visa Debit (The only card I use when shopping online). I think the order was put on hold due to the cause of being "voided".

A "paypal" option might have been in place ?

It's great isn't it to not have a big headed, idiotic man child at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It's great isn't it to not have a big headed, idiotic man child at the helm.
    He probably saw the rise of Trump and Johnson and thought his time had come!

As a chairman (or manager), drawing attention to yourself draws attention to the club. Hardy being Hardy brought the extra support in. That's not to say I'd want to see the Danes behaving any differently but with no personality fronting Notts, we might struggle to bring the crowds in if the team isn't winning games on a regular basis.

On that note, I have noticed the loud mouthed one has left twitter again after the only attention he was getting was negative. For a man with such a large ego, it must be soul destroying for him!

But it's refreshing to see the new owners just letting the club get on with things, we don't hear their views on signings, or anything, it's club news, not news from Alan Hardy, is this what it's like to be a fan of a club where the owners aren't egomaniacs?

It is very encouraging to witness what appears to be a settled state of affairs within Notts County after a dreadful period of upheaval
    from the previous owner. Our new owners seem to be very calm and collected, and doing the job all good owners do, and that is to let the people employed to run the footballing side manage. It is upon this basis that Neal Ardley and his team can and should be judged.
    Early signs are positive and I hope that long may it last, with success coming our way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    It is very encouraging to witness what appears to be a settled state of affairs within Notts County after a dreadful period of upheaval
    from the previous owner. Our new owners seem to be very calm and collected, and doing the job all good owners do, and that is to let the people employed to run the footballing side manage. It is upon this basis that Neal Ardley and his team can and should be judged.
    Early signs are positive and I hope that long may it last, with success coming our way of course.
    Agree, the only thing I would like is to know a bit more about the owner's plans. Not the loud mouthed empty promises of previous owners, but an idea of how they see things would be great.

I like the way they have backed the Manager, and quietly got on with clearing debts. Would be nice to see a bit of basic investment in the ground - working hand driers and a working scoreboard would be nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast