+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Caretaker PM Corbyn

I have posted enough times for everyone to know that I think that we should remain in the EU; if we leave I think that we will all be worse off. However, that scenario is not the only potential danger to our nation’s well being. A disastrous no-deal Brexit would be better than a Corbyn government, though, all Comrade Corbyn is interested in is becoming PM, can you imagine the international ridicule, especially with that useless fat turd Abbott in his cabinet? Parliament should, if it wants to stop Brexit, force another referendum and then implement the result immediately. Surely Parliament is not so stupid as to give the idiot Corbyn even a sniff of power. I have always thought of Boris as a buffoon but Corbyn would be infinitely worse and after five years of having him as PM, it would take the country at least a decade to recover and probably a lot longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t see queues of people at the ports and airports desperate to leave the “disastrous” U.K.

Nett immigration inwards was about 250,000 from Europe last year I believe.

They must know something we don’t or Europe must be in a terrible state!!
    Totally agree Mick. I see boatloads of them appearing on my beach every other day. Do they know something that 123 doesn't?

This country should be excited not moaning and doom mongering. The remainers have destroyed any chance of us enjoying this process. Unforgivable.

Former Icelandic PM: Brexit will be fine

Iceland’s former prime minister David Gunnlaugsson writes in The Spectator, ‘I have no doubt that Britain will thrive after leaving the EU’ and says that, when Iceland withdrew its application for EU membership, it too faced predictions of catastrophe – yet it grew faster than any developed country. He suggests that the UK temporarily join the EEA, giving the country control of its trade arrangements and fisheries – just like Iceland – and giving it time to seek a new trade deal with Brussels.

.......and before anyone says "Ha, Ha, Iceland".....Yes A tiny country population wise, who could have won the world cup a few years ago purely because they make things happen....do or die. We were all impressed with their attitude. Unfortunately we have a growing number of self defeatists, self destroyers with neither the will or inclination to get on with anything.
    Last edited by boingy; 22-08-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    This country should be excited not moaning and doom mongering. The remainers have destroyed any chance of us enjoying this process. Unforgivable.

Iceland’s former prime minister David Gunnlaugsson writes in The Spectator, ‘I have no doubt that Britain will thrive after leaving the EU’ and says that, when Iceland withdrew its application for EU membership, it too faced predictions of catastrophe – yet it grew faster than any developed country. He suggests that the UK temporarily join the EEA, giving the country control of its trade arrangements and fisheries – just like Iceland – and giving it time to seek a new trade deal with Brussels.

.......and before anyone says "Ha, Ha, Iceland".....Yes A tiny country population wise, who could have won the world cup a few years ago purely because they make things happen....do or die. We were all impressed with their attitude. Unfortunately we have a growing number of self defeatists, self destroyers with neither the will or inclination to get on with anything.
    I visited Iceland a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the Icelandic people.

Although a small nation there’s a confidence about their people and a really good vibe in that country.

Fancy......an island nation of around 330,000 people who don’t s h I t their pants about going their own way.

It appears they still possess a backbone whilst 48% of our population have the structure of an Amoeba.

I visited Iceland a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the Icelandic people.

Although a small nation there’s a confidence about their people and a really good vibe in that country.

Fancy......an island nation of around 330,000 people who don’t s h I t their pants about going their own way.

It appears they still possess a backbone whilst 48% of our population have the structure of an Amoeba.

I've got a strong hunch that even after Britain leaves the EU and even after we are sailing with pride and doing better than before without having to ask 27 countries if we can or can't do anything.....The Remainers will STILL be banging on about stuff and even inventing stories to try and get us back in the EU. They just CAN'T let go. Its a disease now like a plague of puss filled stinking boils.

I don't know where to start. Clutching at straws?

Iceland has very little in common with us, its main industry is seafood and tourism. It has an economy that is outside the top 100 in the world and a population that is 1/200ths of ours. Yeah we can gain advice if we want, from a guy who has given the Spectator (owned by the same people who own The Telegraph) an interview. But their economy and industry is incomparable to the UK.
    Last edited by WBA123; 23-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.

I've got a strong hunch that even after Britain leaves the EU and even after we are sailing with pride and doing better than before without having to ask 27 countries if we can or can't do anything.....The Remainers will STILL be banging on about stuff and even inventing stories to try and get us back in the EU. They just CAN'T let go. Its a disease now like a plague of puss filled stinking boils.
    This will go on for years and years now, probably decades. This referendum has divided our whole society. Ultimately, we live in a democracy as every leaver on here likes to point out, my opinion is its undemocratic to leave without a deal. Besides that, if we vote a party in at a general election that is either in favour of leaving the EU or remaining in the EU - then that is democracy speaking. The most recent general election will always supersede the 2016 referendum. That is how our constitution works.

I’ve little doubt that in 30 years these Liberal lightweights will grovel to the EU to take us back.

I’m glad I’ll be dead.

As long as it’s not while I’m still drawing breath.

"Backbone" and "Surrender Monkeys"

Come on Mick and 923...you are grown men.

This type of talk is nonsensical.

You don't need 'backbone' to make clear thinking and sensible decisions.

It makes me laugh when I hear people say things like 'we should have belief'. No - we shouldn't blindly 'believe'. We should make calculated business decisions that will make our country more prosperous.

Like I said.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)