+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    How can you compare two games of this season with the last half of last season? Anyway it was not that bad a half a season as we got to the playoffs.

Also that was a completely different set of players and teams in the league. As you say everything has been reset points wise and it’s a new season so it should be the case about this season, this squad of players and the teams we will play against and what they will do which we don’t know yet after only two games. If we are 18th around Nov then I’d be concerned but it’s the 11th August.

We must give them a chance and time if things are reset. Have we learned nothing from past mistakes and knee jerk reactions?
    It's the same crap 5 at the back and rubbish goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He needs to cut down on his drinking so that he can refocus on the football.
    Fcuk me durham, he doesn't seem to have much of a red nose to me yet but if your brown sources are telling you he's hitting the shandy before 11 , who am I to argue. Didn't go today, still in Spain on me jollies but hugely disappointing. Seems we lost today to a guy who hasn't scored since the year dot and a striker who gets released every other week. I'm starting to join the half empty brigade regarding Nolan and more importantly, so is my son.
    Last edited by navypie; 11-08-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you really are English, I'm guessing you didn't pay too much attention in your English lessons.

Your punctuation and grammar would shame the average 7 year old immigrant.
    Nice to see that you're still concentrating on the more important things me ode ****mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It seems like there are a lot of concerned posts and people making cases for things being bad including last seasons results in the second half of the season. But last season was last season. We need to see how this team performs over the coming weeks and months and not go back over stats from last season just to make things appear worse than they maybe.

This season is a fresh start and a clean slate with a different squad of players.

I’ve been concerned that these kind of reactions would happen if we did not hit the ground running. That’s why I was hoping we would have at least 4 points on the board after a home game and an away game to prevent meltdown.

We’ve got to give this new team and manager a chance and time. We’ve got nine months ahead of us and an awful lot of football to play.

I’m not going to deny I’m underwhelmed with the results of the first two games having dropped five points, but being balanced that’s all they are two games out of a 46 game season. There is another 44 games left.

I’m not bothered if we are mid table by the end of the month, Sept, Oct or Nov. At the end of the year I’d hope for us to be in the playoffs. Then second half of the season push on and grab one of the three automatics.

Let’s get the indifferent performances out of the way early on and hope that this team can grow and become better and stronger over time. The signings we have made gives me confidence that this can happen.
    Stop adulting. This is a doom only panic thread
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-08-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I mentioned last week that he looked ill, but there seem to be a lot more rumours about the booze this week.....does anyone actually have any proof?
    I’m openly reading about it on the net on a weekly basis, here’s last weeks available for anyone to read:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chris__wh...21064416886785

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I mentioned last week that he looked ill, but there seem to be a lot more rumours about the booze this week.....does anyone actually have any proof?
    Nolo does, about 40% ABV by the sounds of it, er allegedly...................................

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nolo does, about 40% ABV by the sounds of it, er allegedly...................................

Actually, just be trawling Faceache and there's actually a few people on there saying Nolo should lay off the drink and concentrate on the team. Rumour??? gathering more pace than our defence.

Perhaps the doom merchants on here could consider this from the 2016/7 season....

Plymouth - played 2 points 0
    Portsmouth - played 3 points 2
    Doncaster - played 2 points 1

All three went up automatically.

The time to start judging is not yet. IMO we need at least 16 points from the first 12 games (w4 d4 l4). Then build a winning run on that.

Rumours about a guy getting drunk in private is one thing but a guy with a public profile getting drunk in public is quite another. I find this very worrying. Not a hope on earth that dicing with alcohol on a regular basis won't affect a person's performance at work. The genie is now 'out of the bottle', Mr Hardy, it cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Rumours about a guy getting drunk in private is one thing but a guy with a public profile getting drunk in public is quite another. I find this very worrying. Not a hope on earth that dicing with alcohol on a regular basis won't affect a person's performance at work. The genie is now 'out of the bottle', Mr Hardy, it cannot be ignored.
    Totally agree and frankly I'm a bit shocked as it's the first I've heard of it, always had him down as the consummate rather than consuming, pro.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast