+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo from 75-76

Photo from 75-76

Name:  IMG-20200321-WA0003.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  90.3 KB Young Queens fans excited at securing a QF ticket for the big match v Rangers

That'll be the 0-5 match with an official attendance of 18000, - and unofficial one exceeding 20000.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    That'll be the 0-5 match with an official attendance of 18000, - and unofficial one exceeding 20000.
    Official attendance was given as 18,700 that day but having seen in the past how people used to sneak into Palmerston, it could have been more.

The angelic lad with the curls in the front looks like Davie Woodward - Woody played in the Dumfries Amateur League for
    many years.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Official attendance was given as 18,700 that day but having seen in the past how people used to sneak into Palmerston, it could have been more.
    I did have a paid for ticket at that match but will admit that me and a pal used to have a way of sneaking into the main stand via the social club and from there down to our rightful place on the terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    The angelic lad with the curls in the front looks like Davie Woodward - Woody played in the Dumfries Amateur League for
    many years.
    It certainly is my old darts team buddy Woody . The only man I know that could come off a night shift, go on an all day bender and still win his singles game at darts that night. Some man.

What a cracking photo. Would love to see more shots of fans from that time.

The Queens photo book '' Yer Hame Team's Yer Ain Team '' has at least 5 of the old black and white photos featuring fans in
    byegone days amongst its 250 others - just a pity it sold out twice at Christmas 2018 louisxiv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    The Queens photo book '' Yer Hame Team's Yer Ain Team '' has at least 5 of the old black and white photos featuring fans in
    byegone days amongst its 250 others - just a pity it sold out twice at Christmas 2018 louisxiv.
    I missed that one. Have various Queens books but not, I think, that one. No idea how that got past me!

Dont know if I've got that one either and like Louis, no idea why if I havent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)