+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Twitter Tw@ttery

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s the same for every club, but some real bellends support Notts. And it’s not just young lads if their profile pics are anything to go by. I just can’t understand what they’re hoping to achieve by abusing the owner of the club.

Depressing stuff.
    I'm absolutely sure it's the same for every club.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think blaming Hardy is somewhat unfair because he hasn't been a serial faliure. Trew left after four and a half consecutive seasons of decline including a relegation which left us pretty much where we are now. Hardy successfully kept us up in his first season, then got us into the play-offs. OK this season is a total disaster, but we suffered relegations under Pavis and Dunnett, Luckily for them Pavis began at a higher level and there was no proper relegation to non-league when Dunnett took over.
    Being relegated to level 5 is not the end of the world, but if enough fans are hell bent on pressing the self destruct button then it might be. Nobody else is going to step in at this juncture.
    That is such a sensible post UTM.

Is it? We were never in danger of dropping out of the League under Dunnett or Pavis, we never had to apply for re-election when that was in place.Plus, I can't recall either of them making a succession of awful managerial appointments or entering into public squabbles with all & sundry. Granted, social media was not around but people like Dunnett & Pavis operated in far more professional manner. They also presided over significant succes, something that has eluded their successors bar 1 season.

Criticism of Hardy for his arrogance, flawed judgment and the fact that he regularly gets into public disputes with those who challenge him, amongst other issues, seems to be perfectly justified IMO.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 21-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.

I blame Russian agitators for trying to sow discontent among the Meadow Lane masses - it’s Brexit all over again.

Is there a dumber thing to say than “Get out of our club” to an owner? Unless you happen to have a small fortune to waste on the club yourself? Or unless it’s a crook who’s robbing the club blind (like Haslam up the road) or people like the Oystons? Hardy’s impetuousness is costing the club dear, but driving him out won’t help our cause.

There have been four legitimate owners of the club in my lifetime and if that epic stint in administration taught me anything, it’s that there are precious few people out there with the wherewithal to buy the club. And the experiences of the past decade says the abuse you get when things go pear-shaped makes it an even less desirable proposition.

Mind you, I wonder what kind of abuse Dunnett and Pavis would have received if Twitter had been available back in their day.

I wonder what Alan could possibly do to stop seeing all the posts that aren't very nice to him on twitter....

It's not rocket science is it, if he can't ignore people being blunt with him on Twitter then get off f*cking twitter, it's really not that difficult. The argument could be "Why should he have to?" and the reply would be that it causes a lot more trouble than it's worth and doesn't serve much more purpose than helping his ego when he gets to post about signings that are imminent, which usually end up backfiring anyway.

This club somehow managed to survive without Derek Pavis on twitter and would be absolutely fine without Hardy on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Not helpful at all. Look how many so called celebrities have fallen foul of Twitter. Yes he's made a mess and couldn't run a chip shop. He has to accept a lot of the blame . But he's foolishly made himself a sitting target. However to directly abuse the man is out of order. I'm surprised it ( the f word) is allowed to be posted. Too toxic.
    I think telling us that the man who basically created, built and owns Paragon plc couldn't run a chip shop has instantly removed any credibility from this post. However, he has accepted the blame for his mistakes and is working to remedy the things that are wrong. One would imagine that is how he built his businesses too. I also think it's up to him if he wants to be a compulsive Twitterist, although it must do HIS head in when he's savaged by trolls of all colours regardless of what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If I remember rightly, the vast majority of Notts fans fully backed him on his comments about Forest, they welched on a deal, and deserved criticism. Just because we’re doing badly now, it doesn’t mean those comments were wrong.

If you mean blocking Fletcher, he’s no longer a board member, and as far as I know he jumped ship when his pisshead mate got the boot. Again, not many people argued with Nolan’s sacking.

We’re deep in the shyte and Hardy has to take most of the blame, I just can’t see how calling him a p***k helps. Far too many people think it will though.

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    although it must do HIS head in when he's savaged by trolls of all colours regardless of what he says.
    That's part of being someone worthy of trolling though and not all of it is troll's some of it is just Notts fans voicing their valid opinions, if you want to put yourself on a pedastal and shout down to the masses then expect some people that don't like what you're shouting to shout back.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It is absolutely horrific. These so-called Notts fans have no idea what they are doing or saying. It's all just a game, played out on a screen from the comfort of their home. The same goes for the Mansfield and Forest trolls who are all over Hardy's Twitter and pretty much any Notts-related marketing channel.

I've said it on many occasions before, but social media really does bring out the worst in people. It's like a chance for insecure people to play the bully and kick people when they're down. It reduces what is a wonderful game to something nasty and childish.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember a season like this in terms the level of online gloating and piss taking that's coming our way. It really does seem to have ramped up to another level. But I still don't get it.
    your dammed right, several posters on stagsnet have pure hatred for us, them Notts twitter trolls remind me of zombies headbutting against a plate glass window until it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    That's part of being someone worthy of trolling though and not all of it is troll's some of it is just Notts fans voicing their valid opinions, if you want to put yourself on a pedastal and shout down to the masses then expect some people that don't like what you're shouting to shout back.
    Fair point well made Delroy but the ones who are merely slinging personal insults or blaming the Chairman for the players' performance that day need to do one.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast