+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Crystal Palace

malfunction !

Quote Originally Posted by saffron1967 View Post
    yep we don't have a plan b.

yes Saffron - there's no capacity for a secondary programme.

Zaha hit it early and beat Pope at the near post, he immediately conceded it was his clanger.

Wood hit me in the Jimmy Mc Upper Row when it was easier to score.

Cork missed another sitter.

Mee teed up Shlupp who smashed in a belter.

Cork and Brady were shocking, Mee had a mare, I was freezing my *******s off, the Brun Lea is no longer a Wetherspoons. If these Indians cock up my ordered curry tonight there really will be hell to pay.

I've had better Saturdays!

Very poor display. Midfield was bypassed all of the game, but clearly that was the game play as we continually knocked long balls down the channel bypassing the midfield. It just did not work. Both goals were bad mistakes. The first Bardsley let Saha sprint into the box and then Pope poor getting to the ball. The second was down to Ben Mee full stop. The way we make subs is baffling ok so Pieters comes on for injured Charlie Taylor, but bringing off Barnes for Jay Rod is odd as Jay Rod is no where near good enough then to pull off Brady for Lennon is yet another strange decision. If Drinkwater cannot get on in midfield when our midfielders are not at the races then it is time we got rid and quickly. Of course there are others that need to be shipped out sooner than later (Hart, Vydra, Wells, Gibson) I am sure there are others. If I was a director I would ask why should I give you any budget as you (SD) have done nothing with what has been given to date! As a player with BFC looking I would ask why would I come to BFC only to be sitting on the bench at best! Finally if we are to only but one or two players this January I would definitely go for Bowen at Hull - he is class and maybe Watkins from Brentford - he looks to be a good option and might give us something a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Very poor display. Midfield was bypassed all of the game, but clearly that was the game play as we continually knocked long balls down the channel bypassing the midfield. It just did not work. Both goals were bad mistakes. The first Bardsley let Saha sprint into the box and then Pope poor getting to the ball. The second was down to Ben Mee full stop. The way we make subs is baffling ok so Pieters comes on for injured Charlie Taylor, but bringing off Barnes for Jay Rod is odd as Jay Rod is no where near good enough then to pull off Brady for Lennon is yet another strange decision. If Drinkwater cannot get on in midfield when our midfielders are not at the races then it is time we got rid and quickly. Of course there are others that need to be shipped out sooner than later (Hart, Vydra, Wells, Gibson) I am sure there are others. If I was a director I would ask why should I give you any budget as you (SD) have done nothing with what has been given to date! As a player with BFC looking I would ask why would I come to BFC only to be sitting on the bench at best! Finally if we are to only but one or two players this January I would definitely go for Bowen at Hull - he is class and maybe Watkins from Brentford - he looks to be a good option and might give us something a bit different.
    Bowen would be ideal to fill the number 7 shirt. Unless we can prise Trippier back from Madrid we need to find a quality right back.

Old Hodgson had Sakho, Tompkins and Dann on Barnes and Woods, they won virtually nothing.

My one and only constant criticism of SD is he does not know how to change it when he has been outfoxed. Mourinho whipped Dier off after 20 minutes, shoved Eriksson on and won 4-2 from being 2-0 down. SD cannot or will not do that.

I thought Tottenham were winning 3-0 and conceded 2 in the last 20 minutes ?

alto --he was talking about the European game in midweek. He is also forgetting that we do not have someone with the class of Erikson sitting on our bench.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Mourinho whipped Dier off after 20 minutes, shoved Eriksson on and won 4-2 from being 2-0 down. SD cannot or will not do that.
    Bringing Eriksson on for Dier is a massive improvement imo. SD has no one on the bench who can improve the team to any great extent, if at all, so it's not that he will not, it's just a fact that he cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

malfunction !

That'll teach the bugger to try and open our Dry Powder Store.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bringing Eriksson on for Dier is a massive improvement imo. SD has no one on the bench who can improve the team to any great extent, if at all, so it's not that he will not, it's just a fact that he cannot.
    We had an international midfielder who has an EPL winners medal sitting on the bench. The time was perfect but SD won't bring himself to change it. It was obvious after twenty minutes that hitting long balls against three 6 foot odd central defenders was not going to work.

Stan used to change it, but SD won't and that in my opinion is the man's Achilles heel.

I sat down to watch this game with an eye on on goal kicks and any long balls from defence to attack. I was able to watch the first 9 mins. After Popeye took a goal kick ,or 'booted it out of his hands ,after 9 mins he did this 5 times and on all 5 times we lost possession. That is when we are going to take a goal kick the ball is in our control,after his kick we loose possession,unfortunately I had to switch the game off because of the transmission being lousy! Popeye rolled the ball out twice to a player in that time and of course the ball was in our control,then we are attacking, (after just 9 mins it means our forwards could have been given 5 more chances/opportunities to attack!)
    In that time I do not even remember that we had a shot on goal!!!

For me this style of play is based on luck,of course there are other areas of play we have to work on.Why do we have a training ground ,just to keep fit? For me the mind is progressive,we can not remain 'static',this football was played like this 30 -40 years ago. Big Sam, has his style ''10% tactic and 90% man management. At Blackburn his play seemed to be 'kick the ball up to Samba?( for me he could not head the ball''!) Pep at Man C ,is progressive! A new style requires thought and practise ,practise, practise!!

Some games we will win some lose, but with any more bad games by the end of Dec we could be 'almost touching' the drop zone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)