+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread - Barnsley (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The problem is, we've appointed experienced managers, rookie managers, random foreign managers, pretty much every type of manager you can think of, and the result has always been the same - meltdown.

Meanwhile, other clubs seem to just get it right. Look at Lincoln - they appointed a couple of brothers in their mid-30s with no playing or managerial career to speak of, and they're looking like making it two promotions in three seasons, plus all the amazing cup runs.

So what are we to do? We've been through most of the lower-league managers already, soon we'll have to go back to the top of the list and start again. Paul Ince anyone? I'd take Keith Curle back at this point.

Seriously though, this isn't HK's team. The disastrous summer transfer window has totally derailed the club, and it might take a couple of years to get back to where we were last season - for any manager. So far, HK has improved our results compared with Nolan's start to the season. The question is whether this squad is capable of more or not. Is the manager underachieving, is the squad actually better than this, or is this the very best that we can get out of this group of players. If the latter, why change manager?
    I'm not convinced your Harry Kewell's understand this level of football in all honesty having played at big clubs and at the top end of football .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not convinced your Harry Kewell's understand this level of football in all honesty having played at big clubs and at the top end of football .
    In English please.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    In English please.
    What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    In English please.
    Not difficult. I think he's saying "I'm not convinced the Harry Kewell types understand this level of football in all honesty having played at big clubs and at the top end of football". He might have a point if Kewell hadn't managed Crawley for 57 games before us.

Nobody wants to see such an historic and proud club like Notts County slip out of the football league .

Bigger clubs in the PL and Championship probably wouldn't give a shyte but as a rounded Barnsley fan it wouldn't sit right with me , my early years as a tyke were cut watching us struggle in the old 4th division and I've never forgot that .

I'd give Kewell until xmas and make a decision either to back him in January or look to bring someone in with the relative experience in .

It's far easier to stay in league two than it is to get out of the National League .

Some serious decisons need to be made at County .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 10-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not difficult. I think he's saying "I'm not convinced the Harry Kewell types understand this level of football in all honesty having played at big clubs and at the top end of football". He might have a point if Kewell hadn't managed Crawley for 57 games before us.
    Just over a season isn't doing it for me mate in all fairness .

157 and it would be a different matter .

Just my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just over a season isn't doing it for me mate in all fairness .

157 and it would be a different matter .

Just my opinion .
    Must admit his performances so far favours your theory more than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Must admit his performances so far favours your theory more than mine!
    Any chance of you guys landing Flitcroft from Mansfield , you are a bigger club with far more potential than the stags .

He's decent at this level and did a remarkable job keeping my club in the championship one year when we really were dead and buried at xmas .

Depressing, isn't it? Saturdays, when I'm not at Meadow Lane, I go rambling all over the East Midlands, travelling on buses to get to my walk using my bus pass. Travelling home I always get the Notts game updates on the BBC website on my mobile phone. Today I just could not be bothered and it will only get worse. If Notts win some of the next few games, good, lose more than we win and myself and others like me will gradually stop taking an interest. We may or may not still go down t'lane but the time will come when fishing and rambling will be more interesting than the usual miserable failure even to compete. Winning isn't everything but trying your hardest is.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Depressing, isn't it? Saturdays, when I'm not at Meadow Lane, I go rambling all over the East Midlands, travelling on buses to get to my walk using my bus pass. Travelling home I always get the Notts game updates on the BBC website on my mobile phone. Today I just could not be bothered and it will only get worse. If Notts win some of the next few games, good, lose more than we win and myself and others like me will gradually stop taking an interest. We may or may not still go down t'lane but the time will come when fishing and rambling will be more interesting than the usual miserable failure even to compete. Winning isn't everything but trying your hardest is.
    I didn't even look for the score until 4.50, & was at home.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast