+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    No worries, I see you've confirmed you're an idiot by saying Ameobi doesn't deserve his place in the team because he doesn't score enough goals... Move along people, nothing to see here.

The fact you think Forte does deserve a place is even funnier, there's only one person here that requires someone looking after him The last time he looked a decent striker was in 2012 with us on loan and the only other time before that was in 2008 on loan with us, apart from that if we're judging him by the same method you seem to be judging Shola on he's been sh*te the rest of his career while Shola was notching over 300 games for Newcastle.
    Freeman again gets done by a googly

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    What was you saying about Forte Mr Know-all ....If you play him with the right person and the right service he will score the goals...
    I'm absolutely delighted he proved me wrong today, I celebrated his goals as much as anyone and I would love him to keep proving me wrong until the end of the season. He looked more up for it today (new contract time?) and took both of his goals well. He certainly deserves to start the next game, this should do his confidence a power of good.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I want to see Forte get at least 2 or 3 starting chances before the end of the season......we honestly do not have any other options....Shola is a great talisman, but he is knackered, every time he plays, the local glue factory come sniffing around....Stead is a better 90 minute guy, but he scores a goal from open play as often as Kylie and I have cyber*** ie not very often....I quite like the idea of playing Grant up front.....worth a shout?

Quite simply.....we need to start scoring goals quickly.

ps Elite.....you are a complete knob and a shyte tipster.....but you already knew that, no surprises there then?
    Tarkers joins in the action with some excellent advice to Nolo....is he onto something?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ....bingo.....Tarkers is playing 4 out of 4
    F*cking hell, he's had one good game and he's suddenly the new Messi!

I'd check your underwear if I were you tarquin, you appear to be coming in your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Actually at the time of your post it was 7 for and 7 against and now Notts78 is also negative to Forte that makes you in the minority. Good thing the team isn't picked on votes.
    Wow.....the MAD forum should pick the team?......I agree

Whilst I'm not sure if you're just doing a spot of fishing, I'll nibble... I thought Forte played well at Accrington and would have started him today with Shola even without Stead being injured, I stand by what I said a month or two ago though, I wouldn't have played him then.

I was pleased he played today and thrilled he scored twice, if he keeps getting goals in the games we have left maybe I'll start to rate him again but 2 goal's today doesn't automatically mean Nolan should have been playing him every game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Games where Shola started ........ P 17 W 10 D 5 L 2 F 32 A 18 Pts 35

Games where Shola didn’t start ... P 17 W 6 D 5 L 6 F 22 A 18 Pts 23

You seem to have glossed over this AntiClough... Wonder why?

We are very obviously a better side whether he scores a goal or not, the team performs better and so do the players around him. Having him on the pitch is like playing with 12 men with the amount of focus he takes from opposition defenders whereas Forte is like playing with 10.
    Del chips in with..."playing Forte is like playing with only 10 men".....tut tut....null points.....join Snobbers and a few others on the naughty step

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Whilst I'm not sure if you're just doing a spot of fishing, I'll nibble... I thought Forte played well at Accrington and would have started him today with Shola even without Stead being injured, I stand by what I said a month or two ago though, I wouldn't have played him then.

I was pleased he played today and thrilled he scored twice, if he keeps getting goals in the games we have left maybe I'll start to rate him again but 2 goal's today doesn't automatically mean Nolan should have been playing him every game this season.
    Fair play....let us hope he starts a few more games before the end of the season....by my reckoning, we need at least 1 more win to force Mansfield and Swindon needing 11 points from 5 games to have a chance of overtaking us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    F*cking hell, he's had one good game and he's suddenly the new Messi!

I'd check your underwear if I were you tarquin, you appear to be coming in your pants.
    Nobody said he was the new Messi, you made that up....several people stuck their necks out and asked for Forte to get a chance.....we were openly ridiculed by some on here....if you like to dish it out Snobbers...then you need to learn to take some in return.....calm down, I am almost finished.....the pool and a gallon of ale are calling me.

Like the Bermuda TRIangle and Brexit, Nolan’s treatment of Forte this season is one of life’s mysteries.

I’m guessing he’s not one of the world’s greatest trainers, but he’s quick and other than Grant, he’s the best finisher at the club. He wasn’t even on the bench against Wycombe.

A fit, firing Forte could make the difference this season.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast