+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Regarding loans - they've worked for us reasonably well in recent years. I think loans within the same league should just be banned altogether. The Christie loan did work well enough for us in that he made a valuable contribution while he was here in all the games he could play. It worked against us though in that he couldn't play against Celtic, our main rivals, and it meant reshuffling the team in games against them - so there was a double impact. Also he returned to them a better player, so they reaped the longer term benefit.

We shouldn't be loaning players from Celtic, or anyone else in our own league. We should be signing guys like Morgan and Christie before they join Celtic. These are the kind of guys we need to attract and develop if we're going to ever be able to mount a serious challenge. Surely we can make a better pitch to them than Celtic or Rangers can - you could give 100s of examples of promising players who have gone to those clubs and wasted their careers by never getting a game. Shouldn't be too hard a sell to someone like Morgan when he leaves St Mirren to say - come to us, you'll play every week, be a valuable member of the team, be paid more than you currently are, and in 2-3 years time you'll get a move down south for big money once you've gained valuable experience.
    Completely agree with the banning of same league loans. Just imagine for argument's sake this window if celtic loan out Allan to Hibs, Morgan to us, Mulumbu to Killie, Hayes to hertz and Hendry to St J. You would then have a situation that pretty close to the best player for all of their main rivals can't play against them but can play against each other and in particular (from Celtic's point of view) against sevco. How can that be fair? Plus celtic get a bunch of money towards buying the next Christie/Morgan so the cycle keeps going. Plus from a players point of view they might as well grab the £8K a week on offer from celtic, rather than £4K from us knowing that if they don't make it into the celtic team they will likely be loaned out to someone like us anyway and get paid twice as much as they otherwise would if they signed for us direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    ffs
    did he mean swayer or is sawyer an actual term........I'm not googling it. V57 is the wordsmith here, I'll wait. wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree with the banning of same league loans. Just imagine for argument's sake this window if celtic loan out Allan to Hibs, Morgan to us, Mulumbu to Killie, Hayes to hertz and Hendry to St J. You would then have a situation that pretty close to the best player for all of their main rivals can't play against them but can play against each other and in particular (from Celtic's point of view) against sevco. How can that be fair? Plus celtic get a bunch of money towards buying the next Christie/Morgan so the cycle keeps going. Plus from a players point of view they might as well grab the £8K a week on offer from celtic, rather than £4K from us knowing that if they don't make it into the celtic team they will likely be loaned out to someone like us anyway and get paid twice as much as they otherwise would if they signed for us direct.
    Yeah that's it exactly. It would be interesting to see whether Celtic and Rangers would still sign all these guys who they know they will just be punting out on loan, if they were unable to loan them to other SPL sides. I don't think they would. Better all round for Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    did he mean swayer or is sawyer an actual term........I'm not googling it. V57 is the wordsmith here, I'll wait. wtf.
    :yawn:

incidentally, the nae text talk police will be along shortly for a word

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    ffs
    :yawn:
    what a valuable contribution.
    Well done Aldo.

Incidentally text talk abbreviation are frowned upon in here didn't you know?

UWe need to take the plunge very early, like Ferguson, if we get a 50% success rate we're quids in. Poke the loans.
    I would agree in the youth development approach, hence linked to my "should we take cheeks youth rejects in?"

Would you say Ferguson and Forrester maintains your 50% success rate, add in McLean (in terms of moneys paid) then were doing even better.

Indeed, it would be interesting to compare monies paid to fees recouped.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would agree in the youth development approach, hence linked to my "should we take cheeks youth rejects in?"

Would you say Ferguson and Forrester maintains your 50% success rate, add in McLean (in terms of moneys paid) then were doing even better.

Indeed, it would be interesting to compare monies paid to fees recouped.
    No.

No.
    We should take in promising young players regardless of where they've come from - if we believe they're good enough it doesn't matter whether they've been rejected by Rangers or Celtic, Hearts or Hibs. There's examples of guys who've been rejected by us who have gone elsewhere and done well. I think that's totally different to taking an established player that belongs to Celtic or Rangers on loan.

Right.

First of all, I have never once and never will claim to have done something that I haven't.

I was absolutely horrified that we went grovelling to Celtic for a shottie of one of their players.

I am 99% sure I only attended 2 games the rest of the season

The Scottish Cup final v Celtic and the Hun game at Pittodrie.

It was the Hun game where they scored about 3 goals in the last 5 minutes.
    Christie was unused substitute and I pretended to myself that I would leave if he came on.
    Thankfully he didn't so I wasn't put to the test.

I wasn't a season ticket holder that season but felt so bad about missing the games I bought a season ticket in the summer.

A mixture of the shop / Budapest does curtail my attendance ( the last Tim game and next Hun game for instance)

Pacman min, there's a vinylize here with your name on it
    Last edited by donsdaft; 22-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.

the "no" was directed at the 50% success rate DC

Page 137 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast