+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens centenary book

Queens centenary book

QUEENS CENTENARY BOOK. Right then, an update.The book is ready to be printed and the cover price is likely to be £40 hardback (all spoken for) and £30 softback. When I first posted, I was uncertain as to page numbers and therefore price, but can confirm it is 506 pages - complete history, 100 Palmerston Personalities pen pictures and full stats from 1919 to last season, all supplemented by countless photos. Oh, almost forgot, with a Foreword written by Stephen Dobbie. Should anyone not now want a hardback copy, please let me know asap - museum@qosfc.com. Thanks and will update again when ready.

Don’t suppose there’s any chance Stephen will sign them? Too many I guess.

Cant wait for this . Will it be ready for Christmas ?

End of October was the last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Cant wait for this . Will it be ready for Christmas ?
    Definitely out before Christmas. Had hoped for end of October, but very unlikely. Thanks for your interest.

The books a little expensive is it not ODB ? Do all the profits go to Queens or are they split with you ?

Sorry to say, but I think the price is spot on for what I have no doubt will be a quality production. This is a huge opportunity for Queens fans to obtain something really special.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Sorry to say, but I think the price is spot on for what I have no doubt will be a quality production. This is a huge opportunity for Queens fans to obtain something really special.

Hopefully he’ll ship it to Spain for you Les

Strangely the first mention anywhere of the cover price being expensive. I have recently pre ordered a music book at £29.99 for half the number of pages and nothing like the volume of detail. The price purely reflects the cost of producing the book and the softback edition will be only £30. It is a one off production run and when it is gone, that is it. Many of those who pre ordered the hard back have been quick to check that their names are on the list, while the last three or four copies have been snapped up.
    Thank you Truthhirts for your additional comments, which are appreciated. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed and having put two or three years work into the book I am happy with what it is. Those who have had a sneak preview of it have given it the thumbs up.
    At the end of the day, it is up to the individual whether they buy it or not.

Any further updates on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)