+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeap we're in the sh** it seems... Thanks, Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think Commons flattered to deceive at Celtic, although I don't watch much English football I am force fed the Hoot League, and Commons' success such as it was was because he was playing FOR a team I'd class as lower half Prem, against sides who were mainly lower half League 1.
    That is exactly the problem with signing players from Scotland...Celtic are on a par with the likes of Everton but they only play against others on a par with sides like S****horpe and Burton each week.

Having said that, I reckon Andy Robertson has proved the signing of the season but he did prove himself at Hull before Liverpool took a punt.

If we get 15m for Vydra I'll eat my hat though, more like 12m max, might accept 10-11m if it means we'll at least put some of that back in to rebuilding

Keogh, Baird, Bent, Shackell all need to go (3 of them out of contract anyway so just need a buyer for Keogh), then that leaves us with looking to offload Blackman, Martin, Bryson and Butterfield, seriously just get rid however we can, even if it means letting them go for rock bottom prices, just get them off the wage bill.

If we can offload all the one's mentioned we can start bringing in the kids, and maybe 3 or 4 signings (make 1 or 2 of them loan signings).

But trust me,, Morris is looking to offload and put nothing back in, he's looking to make a profit from player sales before asset stripping and selling up. We could easily end up with another Clough situation where its cheap lower league signings and mid to lower half football.

Morris has set this club back 5 years however way you look at it, and now he's looking to bleed the club dry before running.

Commons was decent but not that good either

We had a lot of players on our books at that time who were nothing more than your run of the mill Championship players, similar to now really. Hulse and Commons were the only two we ever had a chance of selling, but we have had more back up this time in terms of who we can sell for decent money (Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Vydra and even the like of Lawerence and Wisdom would be salable assets imo)

Looking at it we've not actually made that much of a loss, if Vydra does go we'll almost be level in terms of net spend, but have a lot of rubbish on our books on big wages still, that's why its going to take 2 years to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    If we get 15m for Vydra I'll eat my hat though, more like 12m max, might accept 10-11m if it means we'll at
    least put some of that back in to rebuilding

Keogh, Baird, Bent, Shackell all need to go (3 of them out of contract anyway so just need a buyer for Keogh), then that leaves us with looking to offload Blackman, Martin, Bryson and Butterfield, seriously just get rid however we can, even if it means letting them go for rock bottom prices, just get them off the wage bill.

If we can offload all the one's mentioned we can start bringing in the kids, and maybe 3 or 4 signings (make 1 or 2 of them loan signings).

But trust me,, Morris is looking to offload and put nothing back in, he's looking to make a profit from player sales before asset stripping and selling up. We could easily end up with another Clough situation where its cheap lower league signings and mid to lower half football.

Morris has set this club back 5 years however way you look at it, and now he's looking to bleed the club dry before running.
    You usually write a load of bolloxs but that post is about as bad as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    I wouldn’t be shocked at all seeing as that is the Derby way of doing things, selling players for bugger all
    just like Clough did doesn’t matter how good the player is we sell him on the cheap, Kris Commons springs to mind when he went to Celtic.
    Your perspective of football is very poor if you think a manager has anything to do with negotiations of players fees either incoming or outgoings In no Clough fan but trying to blame him for the fee for Commons is at best naive and at worst stupid So he should get all the praise for getting Martin on a free then

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Your perspective of football is very poor if you think a manager has anything to do with negotiations of players fees either incoming or outgoings In no Clough fan but trying to blame him for the fee for Commons is at best naive and at worst stupid So he should get all the praise for getting Martin on a free then
    The manager has everything to do with negotiating the players fees with his agent, he offers the player what wage he thinks would be best suited for his services each week and any bonuses which includes goals per game, keeping clean sheets e.t.c.

The player and his agent come to an agreement on the agreeable terms set by the manager and they then put pen to paper and he becomes an official player.

If the player and agent don’t agree with the terms set out by the manager,then they move on to a better deal and ask to be moved on to another club if they are already at the club and if they are discussing about joining, then they would look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    Kris Commons didn’t want to leave Derby he was forced out of the club because they couldn’t afford his wages and they sold him for cheap because they wanted to get rid of him quickly, they didn’t care what they wanted for him they just accepted any deal and be done with it, hey! they should do that with the crop of lightweights we got now but with a more feeable budget.
    Strange that because Clough says that he offered Commons everything he and his agent asked for but still they refused to sign..... contract running out........ prices are always low under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Strange that because Clough says that he offered Commons everything he and his agent asked for but still they refused to sign..... contract running out........ prices are always low under those circumstances.
    He didn’t offer Commons a better deal on his contract that he deserved, he already went ahead and agreed a deal with Celtic and they accepted a £600,000 agreement and Commons was left gobsmacked at the decision and left his family in a predicament and was told he was free to go by Clough and off he went to clear out his locker room.

The terms of a Contract running out differs to towards age and value of the player and the price differs also.

MA it's not worth arguing, I reckon Spunky was Commons' agent as he knows so much contradictory inside information

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)